Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

just received the pentacon 300mm f/4 - in P6 though!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: just received the pentacon 300mm f/4 - in P6 though! Reply with quote

I made a small error when ordering this lens online, thinking it was M42 mount, but it turns out that it was Pentacon 6 mount.

I already have the 500mm pentacon, in M42 mount, but I know that this was also a Pentacon 6 lens. The owner of the 500 told me that he simply screws on the M42 end to the lens and it presents no issues,

I'm wondering if I can do this with the 300, or do I need to buy a Psix -> M42 converter. Looking around the internet I've realized that I have absolutely no idea what to type in to get what I'm looking for, all I end up finding is converters, rather than the actual end part of the lens.

any help?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I have the M42 mount for a Pentacon 300 which I bought by mistake as it was advertised as a P6>M42 adapter. If you have the screw ring OK it will convert your lens to M42. You can have it free if you want it. PM me your address.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

There is definitely something at the bottom of the lens that just screws off, but it is just a ring. Would I then just screw the M42 adapter where I took the ring off, or are there any additional steps.

If it turns out that you have what I need, I'd love to take you up on your offer!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this lens was manufactured by Pentacon (and previously by Meyer) with interchangeable mounts. I think they did P6, Exakta and M42. This is a pic of the Meyer version with an M42 mount. The interchangeable mount is the cone-shaped piece at the left end and is attached to the lens with the first knurled ring. If you unscrew this ring on your lens you can pull the P6 mount off and use the same ring to fix an alternative mount. What I have is the M42 mount, as in the picture, which I think is the part you need. I don't have the ring, but they are interchangeable. If that will help you you're most welcome to it! Smile

http://m42.artlimited.net/lens_show.php?id=img/lens/64-2.jpg&lid=64

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another evidence that this probably is the nicest - and surely the most helpful - forum in the net!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help Peter. I can remove the ring, but then I'm unable to remove the P6 portion, is there something special that I need to do, or do I just need to use more force? I've also PM'ed you my address.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds to me as though you don't have any mount at all, just the ring. Can you see three screwheads with one of them protruding? This screw locates the mount in the right place, so if you can see it you are missing the mount. Can you post a pic?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a 300 Pentacon, but here's a pic of the 200 lens without its mount. I think the 300 is probably similar (although larger)

This is the M42 mount for the 200, with the retaining ring

and here are the M42 mounts for the 300 & 200 lenses side by side. The 500 lens uses the same mount as the 300.

(Apologies for the rubbish pics - it is SO gloomy here again here today and my flash is U/S.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, figured it out finally when I got home. The P6 mount was just a little bit stuck, but it came off with no problems. I tried the M42 mount from my 500mm on the 300mm and it worked fine, so now I just need to get another one for the 300mm so that I'm not constantly screwing/unscrewing. I also will now have a spare P6 mount for these lenses if anybody is interested!

I'll post pics of the lens and taken with the lens later this week, too dark now, but it's in better shape than almost any lens I own!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave_t wrote:
[...] so now I just need to get another one for the 300mm so that I'm not constantly screwing/unscrewing. I also will now have a spare P6 mount for these lenses if anybody is interested!

Hello !

Would you like to share your P6 mount against a M42 one that come from a Pentacon 300/4 also ?

MP if interested Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Pentacon /orestegor 500 & 300mm Reply with quote

Hello all,
I have the 500mm 5,6 and the 300mm F4, and I am looking for a Pentacon 6 bayonet fitting for them.

I have 1 M42 adapter for these lenses, and I am willing to trade, or pay for the P-6 mount.

Has anyone something for me?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I don't have it, unfortunately and didn't see yet separately.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Attila,
THank you,
I have the idea there are 2 main groups of lenses: with M42, and with P6.

To make it complicated, I have a Nikon camera, and want to use the Pentacons without M42-adapter with the extra lens, so I need the P6 adapter.
On that one I can fit a P6 to Nikon adapter.
I have this combo too, works great too, on my 500 5,6, but they are stuck together somehow, and, as the fitting rings on the 500 and 300 are different, I can't use it on the 300mm... So I will have to start over again.
My hope is upon someone who bought a Pentacon 3-or 500, with P6, and would like to have a M42...