Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9 RED P 8,5cm f2 KIEV/CONTAX mount 1957
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-9 RED P 8,5cm f2 KIEV/CONTAX mount 1957 Reply with quote

#12,#2 are wide open rest of it F8
#1,#4 are cropped

From any picture if you wish to see untouched raw file let me know, quite amazing due not a well respected lens.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are stunning in every aspect, colours, contrast, sharpness, even a good deal of 3D pop. Great series, great lens, congrats.

Now I must find one of these for my Kiev! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, what a performer! From the first shot onwards there is great pop and colours Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 - and great demonstration of yet another relatively unknown lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's start I did move one of may latest thread to here

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good series, the only one I don't like is #11 because it's boring, the others are all good. #12 doesn't have a great deal of artistic merit but I understand why you took that shot - to show bokeh and wide open sharpness so I can't criticise it. #6 I would prefer the flowers to be placed to one side or other of the frame to obey the golden thirds rule rather than place in the centre of the frame, but apart from those nitpicks, I don't see anything to criticise in terms of compostion and use of dof which are what I tend to notice most.

I also like the varying subject matter. Buda Castle is a photogenic building but I prefer the way you have found subjects that include human aspects (4, 7, 13) to shots purely of the building itself.

P.S. thanks for creating this section.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous Perkeo. That's my favorite folder.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew ! quite a few shots at once Smile But here goes Smile

#1 perfect focus and exposure His face is perhaps a bit too centered in the shot for me ( I do this with some cameras too often) I like the curved roadway ! Nice tonality for A MIDDAY shot.
#2 A shot that displays the qualities of the lens! Much too centered for a landscape oriented shot for me. But thats me Wink
#3 WOW ! Stunning and EYE Popping ! Can you tell that I like this one ? Smile
#4 A nice environmetal portrait ! Plenty of space and lines lead back to the subject nicely for me
#5 Again a stunner ! My only nitpic would be to place the flowers farther up to the top to miss the grass or most of it in the top of the frame. the bottom flowers would have fell nicely in the 1/3 line and the grass on top doesn't add to the shot. But thats me Wink
#6 I'm really not a slave to the rules Wink Again I like this one but wonder what it would have been like with the central subject placed on the right 1/3 letting the background flowers trail off in the curve to the left ? but the focus and choice of DOF is just breathtaking !
#7 Another great environmental portrait ! You probably think I'm going to complain about the subject being centered? But I'm not ! It just works for me in this one. I don't know why ? Maybe the gate leaning back towards him from the direction he is looking ? A nice story being told in this one.
#8 I like the subject in this one. the deer looking one way and the lady looking the other makes the centered subject work for me in this one. very high contrast scene handled very well in my opinion.
#9 Nice flower photo. Due to the nature of my career I like Flower phootos Smile crisp and nice choice of DOF!
#10 this one not only showcases the lens but has nice ballance and lines ! I like that the camera is tilted inwards !
#11 Pleasing tones and shades.
#12 Not for me Sad But I think it was meant to showcase the lens. Which it does admirably.
#13 I like this a lot! glows on top ballanced with subdued lighting on the bottom. nicely placed subject lends to the feeling of height of buildings !

Of course these are my views and opinions Smile

Very nice indeed !!!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys! #12 was demo about lens performance , right.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Gorgeous Perkeo. That's my favorite folder.

I like them too, pretty fresh purchase. I have two one with Vaskar, one with Color Skopar I think both excellent and small!