Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9 M39 ...Bargain or rave?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-9 M39 ...Bargain or rave? Reply with quote

I've got this Jupiter-9 M39 lens by 15€. Probably, a rave, but I'll use it to learn to clean and repair a lens... The seller states it's in good condition but for a thin outern halo on the external lens...

What do you think about?

Click here to see on Ebay

Thanks!
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Jes!

In any case a very good price. The "halo" does not look good, but it is hard to tell by those pictures. I easily could be some fungus, but it also could be that it is not. You might be able to tell after you get the lens.

If the lens works and it is no fungus, just some kind of haze due to internal humidity or something you got a great lens for little money. If you need to clean it, it will be a good chance to practice something that I should also gain some more experience in: lens cleaning. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't practice on this valuable lens!!! Practice first one a crap one not on this!! Shoot first !! I suppose this is haze and your crop camera will use only the center so don't need to clean at all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impossible to tell if it's haze or fungus from the pictures. But the green blots don't let me think of anything good.
In any case better to send the lens to servicing than opening it without being expert. Reportedly, the Jupiter-9 are very difficult lenses to disassemble and sometimes also professionals have had troubles with it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jes I have a nice story for you
mapachesfm buy this lens 23-7 for $20 (180140377774) he made a bargain he is happy
he sell to you 15e : 21$ you made a bargain you are happy
you will sell it 22$ next month and everybody will be happy
Laughing
I know I am very bad but I cannot control my bad humor Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to buy from you this lens if you not like it , but first try to make same shoot. I don't think so you will be disappointed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all of you for your kind opinions and advice. I'll try the lens, and I'll avoid to disassemble it by now...
Don't know if I can locate a lens service locally.
Let's wait until the arrival.

(Poilu, I like your humour sense... Smile )

Thanks again and best regards!
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Hi, Jes!

In any case a very good price. The "halo" does not look good, but it is hard to tell by those pictures. I easily could be some fungus, but it also could be that it is not. You might be able to tell after you get the lens.

If the lens works and it is no fungus, just some kind of haze due to internal humidity or something you got a great lens for little money. If you need to clean it, it will be a good chance to practice something that I should also gain some more experience in: lens cleaning. Wink

Hi Carsten,
Besides the halo, the owner says "it needs some oiling...".
I'll try to practice first with my third Helios 44-2, now I know this is a little gem...
I hope to make use of it, anyway it's not a big investment if finally is a rave...
Thanks for your comments.
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Don't practice on this valuable lens!!! Practice first one a crap one not on this!! Shoot first !! I suppose this is haze and your crop camera will use only the center so don't need to clean at all.

Attila, don't worry!, now I know this diamond has to be cared by expert hands...
Thanks for your comments,

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Hi Jes I have a nice story for you
mapachesfm buy this lens 23-7 for $20 (180140377774) he made a bargain he is happy
he sell to you 15e : 21$ you made a bargain you are happy
you will sell it 22$ next month and everybody will be happy
Laughing
I know I am very bad but I cannot control my bad humor Crying or Very sad

I love this story!! This makes me think I got a real rave Wink

Thanks, and best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I am glad to buy from you this lens if you not like it , but first try to make same shoot. I don't think so you will be disappointed.

For sure, If I cannot use/fix it, I'll be glad of sending it to you, free of cost. I know how much you like these lenses. But I keep some hope to be able to use it by myself... Wink

Now I've yto get an adapter as well. Another one for the collection!

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure you will love it for portraits and you will proud owner of this lens! I cross my finger to get success!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens paid and adapter bought...

Let's wait for... a couple of weeks maybe?..
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of weeks !? You are both in same country..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I meant for the M39 adapter, comes from Hong Kong...
And yes, I expect the lens coming next monday or tuesday...
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh okay , I expect maximum 2 weeks delivery time from Hong-Kong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No less than 3-4 weeks to arrive here - but we have nasty customs offices.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My shortest delivery time was 5-7 days from Hong-Kong and longest was 40 days from Austria Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From HongKong & England to Greece is max 6 days.
I just receive 2 more cy>eos adapter from big_is. They are soldered so no more glue problem. 1.43mm easy to tweak for no movement. Recommended.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Attila wrote:

I meant for the M39 adapter, comes from Hong Kong...

A hint to estimate the shipping time: look for the ending date of expired auctions and the corresponding date of buyers feedback. If there is always a large gap I'll look for another one.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info, thanks !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Is it the same lens???? Reply with quote

Well, today arrived the Jupiter-9.

After the first inspection, it seems not to be the same lens than the one advertised. This one looks much better, no halo at all, and seems to be pretty well oiled...

Look for yourselves:

Now, patiently waiting for the adapter, to confirm the lens quality...
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too! I curious about your opinion, try for portraits, not for back yards etc. This lens power the portrait capability.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jes
It is the same serial 6706229 (180140377774) but maybe it was cleaned and fixed. I read again the description and they say [it doesn't give an effect on result image] so I am sure it will be great Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Hi Jes
It is the same serial 6706229 (180140377774) but maybe it was cleaned and fixed. I read again the description and they say [it doesn't give an effect on result image] so I am sure it will be great Very Happy

So you understand spanish... Wink

Yes, it's true, but he tells about the halo around the external lens, and in the picture at eBay it seems to be there... I cannot see here, maybe I've to wait to watch it under the sunlight...

Hope this will be a useable lens. It's big and the lenses look nice, looks like a well done piece.

Best regards,
Jes.