Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9 85/2....Another Voyage to Jupiter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-9 85/2....Another Voyage to Jupiter Reply with quote

Jupiter-9 85/2, that is...

I'm still working the lens (for three weeks now!), using cheap color film, as well as my stock of HP5, to work out the various anomalies of the lens.

These are three comparitive shots, to show out-of-focus differences at selected f:stops.

They are NOT meant to be beauty contest images! Mr. Green

1st Image: Wide Open

2nd Image f:5.6

3rd Image f:11 (Forgive the changing light conditions - the rain forest lets in only spots of light at any given time).

Bonus Image: Mamiya Sekor 55/1.4
Looking downstream into forest...I had my Mamiya Sekor lens in the bag, so decided to mount it for a practice shot. First image I have made with this lens. I will be testing it soon for bokeh and sharpness.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love all the pics Laurence... the last one is a very moody forest shot. The first three are really abstract! Giving them a scale, is very difficult, they could be closeup of roots, or distant views of cliffs coast over the sea as well!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Love all the pics Laurence... the last one is a very moody forest shot. The first three are really abstract! Giving them a scale, is very difficult, they could be closeup of roots, or distant views of cliffs coast over the sea as well!

Thanks Orio. I am pleased with the out-of-focus highlights with the Jupiter-9, same as the first group I submitted with this lens a couple of weeks ago. It's not the "bokeh" of the Zeiss 50/3.5, of course! Laughing But not bad!

The forest image with the Mamiya Sekor lens is a bit oversharpened for the post, but that is all I did to the scanned image. No other tweaking of the image, except for a minor crop of the edges.

The Quinault Valley rain forest is very near my home, so I am lucky to have that deep forest to use for images.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, Larry! Definitely looks like Sasquatch country! Laughing

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice shots. Great weather we are having in the NW this week. I live just to the north and across the straight in Anacortes. Very picture perfect place to live as well. There sure is something amazing about the coastal forest in the NW. Whenever I vist it I feel so small in that rich complex environment. What town do you call home?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Nice series, Larry! Definitely looks like Sasquatch country! Laughing

Bill

Thanks Bill! I've been hiking in the Olympic Mountains for about 52 years, and no sign of Sasquatch yet! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Really nice shots. Great weather we are having in the NW this week. I live just to the north and across the straight in Anacortes. Very picture perfect place to live as well. There sure is something amazing about the coastal forest in the NW. Whenever I vist it I feel so small in that rich complex environment. What town do you call home?

I sure know Anacortes well...used to ride the ferry to San Juan Island a lot. I'm in Port Orchard, F16, but was raised on the coast in Quinault and Montesano.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Gordon knows what reason, I was convinced that sasquatch were those rubber tall shoes that you wear when you go to muddy places or to cross rivers.
Can't remember why/where I got this so wrong! Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm in Port Orchard, F16, but was raised on the coast in Quinault and Montesano.

What a great place to grow up. My youth was in the Seattle area. My folks are very outdoorsy however. We had many trips to the coast as well as the all around the state for camping. My mother is especially fond of the Lake Ozette and the surounding area.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
For Gordon knows what reason, I was convinced that sasquatch were those rubber tall shoes that you wear when you go to muddy places or to cross rivers.
Can't remember why/where I got this so wrong! Shocked

Somehow, it sounds feasible, Orio! Laughing