Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 60 and 119
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Jupiter 60 and 119 Reply with quote

No, they are not lenses... They are the locomotives used in the Golden Spike ceremony for the Transcontinental Railroad. These are replicas but it is believed that they are within 1/4" accuracy. Both pictures taken with 1962 Nikkor S 5.8cm F1.4 on my Df. F1.4 on this lens is a bit soft so I shot at F2.0 for the shallow DOF.

the Jupiter No 60 with the 119

The 119 facing the Jupiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coloured like Christmas decorations against that harsh steppelike landscape. Never seen anything like them! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we perceive the 1800s as black & white because of the old photos but these are believed to be the original colors and even the artwork was copied from old photos. Because of the importance of this celebration, the locomotives most likely would have been cleaned and polished for the occasion.
Pete