Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-6 180/2.8,m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-6 180/2.8,m42 Reply with quote

Found this in a local advert!

Jupiter-9 85/2 (M42)
Jupiter-6 180/2.8 (M42)

Looks promising.

Guido


PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Jupiter Reply with quote

Jigt wrote:
Found this in a local advert!
Jupiter-9 85/2 (M42)
Jupiter-6 180/2.8 (M42)
Looks promissing.
Guido


I tried to win the Jupiter-6 a couple of times, but now that I have such a glorious copy of the 2.8/180 Jena, I have lost some interest. But should it appear again at a good price I will give it another try.


PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter-6 rare piece, I would get one.


PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter 6 - M42? Never seen this version at ebay.
I'm envious. Very envious! Very Happy

Michael


PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess home made or comes with Russian P6 -M42 adapter one of my Olympic Sonnar has also Russian P6 M42 adapter.


PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this on the net

Quote:
The Jupiter-6 is the Russian copy of the famous Carl Zeiss Sonnar 180 f2.8. It is not a M42 mount but a M39, but it can be used on M42 mount cameras and adapters with a small ring adapter.. The Jupiter 6-2 is the black M42 version which some later samples feature multi-coating.


Guido


PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Jupiter-6 rare piece, I would get one.


I know it's rare, but optically speaking it's a copy of the Sonnar.
Like I said, if I meet one at a good price, I will get it. But if I have to pay over 130 Eur like the last one I saw, I will not.


PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you have lucky day! Let me know the result , hopefully you able to buy them.


PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
Jupiter 6 - M42? Never seen this version at ebay.
I'm envious. Very envious! Very Happy
Michael


Consider that the second to last one that I saw, was sold for something like 38 Eur.
I was on it, and I could have gotten it, but just that day I received bad news from the fiscal office, so I decided to let it go, because i had to pay almost 1000 Euros of more taxes.
After months the bad news were discovered as an error, and so I got a refund in the last days. The sum that I could use for the lenses last Sunday.
So I can not complain, after all.


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an M42 J-6, which I bought from eBay for 86 Euros + postage. It is a nice lens but very heavy, almost 1.5 kilos. See http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_jupiter-6.html

Veijo


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.... lovely lens. need to get one of those.....

:)=


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vilva wrote:
I've got an M42 J-6, which I bought from eBay for 86 Euros + postage. It is a nice lens but very heavy, almost 1.5 kilos. See http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_jupiter-6.html

Veijo


Photographers in Russia must be very strong and tough, having to carry all these heavy lenses around. It would be fun to work out the weight of their camera bag if they packed all the lenses they needed for a day's shooting! Smile


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
vilva wrote:
I've got an M42 J-6, which I bought from eBay for 86 Euros + postage. It is a nice lens but very heavy, almost 1.5 kilos. See http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_jupiter-6.html
Veijo


Photographers in Russia must be very strong and tough, having to carry all these heavy lenses around. It would be fun to work out the weight of their camera bag if they packed all the lenses they needed for a day's shooting! Smile


It's a beauty. Of it's own aesthetical canon, obviously. But still a remarkably beautiful piece of manufacture.
I think of it as the modern-day Bronzi di Riace Very Happy
Whereas a slender lens such as the Jupiter-37 could be the equivalent of the David by Donatello Very Happy


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this thread is the beginning of a long period of raising prices for this lens. Very Happy I'll put that on my list.

There is one at ebay but I wouldn't post the link because I hate sellers with shipping costs of more than 50 USD and don't want to assist them.

Michael


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vilva wrote:
I've got an M42 J-6, which I bought from eBay for 86 Euros + postage. It is a nice lens but very heavy, almost 1.5 kilos. See http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_jupiter-6.html

Veijo


Russian made from real material Smile


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a beutiful lens. Never heard of it.
Like Veijo said, considering its wheight, it's a lens for bodybuilders.

Sorin


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one Michael hinted to, is a black version, Jupiter-6-2, with M42 native mount.
I personally prefer the silver version, from an aesthetical point of view, although it has the M39 mount.


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Orio. Old silver lenses are amazing looking I like more better than others.


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The one Michael hinted to, is a black version, Jupiter-6-2, with M42 native mount.
I personally prefer the silver version, from an aesthetical point of view, although it has the M39 mount.


My silver one is a native M42 mount, at least, seems to be.

Veijo


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vilva wrote:


My silver one is a native M42 mount, at least, seems to be.

Veijo


Well, Veijo, then you have the best of both! Smile


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God!
This lens is huge!

Actually, if you look at the linked pictures, the bokeh is not that great, is it?

I guess this is a lens that is used to shock anybody around, more than anything else... Wink

Carsten


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Oh my God!
This lens is huge!
Actually, if you look at the linked pictures, the bokeh is not that great, is it?
I guess this is a lens that is used to shock anybody around, more than anything else... Wink
Carsten


Personally, I find it very beautiful, and I would surely love to have an aluminium one in my collection.
So Veijo should you one day decide to sell it... Wink