Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-3 50mm f1.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-3 50mm f1.5 Reply with quote

I bought few copies of this lens(still waiting for last one) and there is a lot performance differences between them. In my eyes the best one was silver red P from late 50`. It`s sharp in center even at f1.5 but corners are week. At 5.6 or 8 far corners still aren`t good enough. Other was better in terms of sharpness corner to corner but at f1.5 was bit soft in center. Bokeh is very nice, aperture is always round Smile there is small CA when wide open. J8 at smaller apertures is sharper and with better microcontrast. My conclusion - if you looking for best portrait/bokeh lens or you use aperture from f1.5 to f2.8 - J3 will be better. Otherwise i choose J8.
Few shots with J3 more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/atheist_lenses/sets/72157629517607917/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive shots Shocked ...I don't know if your images are a lot post-processed but the colours are quite amazing!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first saw that shot of yours, #1 at FM

just superb Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 just superb ! Great captures! J8 has more stable quality I think I never seen ever bad copy .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, there is one on ebay uk atm Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these portraits are stunning

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good pics!
Especially #1 is really great!
Can you tell us more about your (very good) PP?

I guess these shots are made with an 1,5x APS-C/--> Sony NEX?
At which aperture the last was taken?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done-bravo. Lovely pictures.