Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-3 50/1.5 ZOMZ
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Jupiter-3 50/1.5 ZOMZ Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I am looking for a 56xxx one for years!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Oh man, I am looking for a 56xxx one for years!!

if you wanna barter with another silver j-3 just ask. Mind that this one need to be reassembled correctly, the previous owner did something wrong Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I keep that in mind! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo, new member, seen no intro td so I go straight to my questions, in any case nice to meet you.

I have a jupiter 3 serial number 6302372. Is it worth mentioning sn of such lenses, and why? Were they built with requisitioned zeiss parts in former USSR?

Secondly, I dared to disassemble it since the front element was greasy.

I cleaned it with proper alchol (isopropanol), then put back everything including the shim ring in its old place.

Fixed the front element retaining ring with gentle firmness (lens slid back in place easily, was there some extra step to take here?).

Last I screwed back the optical group into the focusing barrel.

Test pictures were out of focus at infinity and medium distances, defect was less strong at near distances (let's say 3 meters).

My guess is that I have to collimate again or, perhaps, simply to screw the optical group properly back into barrel, when I opened it again after tests I had the impression I had been too soft in reassembling it but wasn't sure.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this may be useful Wink

http://www.pentax-manuals.com/repairs/j3service.pdf