Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-21M ... first test shots.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-21M ... first test shots. Reply with quote

Hi!

I have swapped lenses with Attila recently and today the Jupiter-21M arrived.

Here are a couple of first free hand test shots, taken at about 8 pm (with crops):

#1 (ISO200)

#1 crop

#2 (ISO200)

#2 crop

#3 (ISO200)

#3 crop

Last edited by LucisPictor on Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4 (ISO200)

#4 crop

#5 (ISO200, focus on infinity)

#5 crop

#6 (ISO200, bokeh test)

#6 crop

You can see, it was getting dark already.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need sunshiny and day time to show lens power in this light hard to take nice samples.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

# 5 looks almost like here!!

You will love the Jup-21M, granted.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens, very sharp, possible an item vor my wishlist.

cheers

belba

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Need sunshiny and day time to show lens power in this light hard to take nice samples.

Hmmm... I was rather amazed by its performance, esp. at such a light. I am very satisfied with this lens, Attila!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad, I look forward better light condition. This is so great to know this lens found a good home. For every lens very important the usage, just kept them in the box that is not good at all. They were born for taking pictures...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say, with scream.. most under rated lens in market...

I just cant imagine today's manufacturer (Canon, Nikon etc...) are not making prime of this focal length...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:

I just cant imagine today's manufacturer (Canon, Nikon etc...) are not making prime of this focal length...

That's maybe because they are not able to make one as good and cheap as the Jupiter-21M Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great shots, Carsten. Really like that #3 rose shot! Got my Helios
44-2 (brand new, unused, anyway) yesterday and have been taking
some test pics with it. J21's are not plentiful over here, but I keep looking
for one.

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not common here too, if you need one I can ship you one from local photo shop, but I suggest to you take a Nikkor instead.you can found plenty of Nikkor lenses on Ebay.com they are better.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I had bad luck with a bad copy, but my Jupiter-21M was so much better than my Nikkor AI 4/200. In fact, I sold it. It was about the worst one in the 200mm test I made. Maybe one day I'll try another one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I don't know if I had bad luck with a bad copy, but my Jupiter-21M was so much better than my Nikkor AI 4/200. In fact, I sold it. It was about the worst one in the 200mm test I made. Maybe one day I'll try another one.

Same here.. first 200mm lens was Nikon non-AI.. but is nothing compare to Vivitar "scratched" 200mm f3.5 (got for pennies)....

After that Vivitar, this is he 200mm lens I liked. And Jupiter-21M is my first choice. Although heavy, but worth...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Viv 200/3.5 (Komine) for $15 on ebay from a local vendor, just
drove over and picked it up. It's every bit as sharp as my Viv 135s (that
I used in the one cat series).

It looked brand new, in a original styrofoam box.

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had both version of Nikon non AI and AI as you can see on mflenses.com gallery both are great performer in my opinion they are not worst than Jupiter 21M about equal. I have also two copy of Vivitar 200mm f3.5 they are also great performers no difference with above lenses. So as you said earlier before Orio every people has different taste about lenses. From above lenses my order is.

1) Vivitar 200mm f3.5
2) Nikkor 200mm f4 both version no difference between them.
3) Jupiter 21M

If need a good lens indeed in this focal length my order is next.

1) Carl Zeiss Jena Olympic Sonnar 180mm f2.8,Tamron SP 180mm f2.5, Nikkor 180mm f2.8 ED
2) Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 200mm f2.8 ,Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f2.8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have four lenses with this focal length. My ranking is:

1. Telear-N 3.5/200
2. Jupiter-21M 4/200
3. Pentacon 4/200
4. Super Varexon 3.5/200

The Super Varexon was my first 200mm lens and when I got it I thought, "Wow! Can it get any better?". Now I know, it can!

Attila, you should keep your eyes open for a Telear-N (Russian). I think it is a splendid lens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly rated Pentacon anchestor lens , Meyer-Orestegor 200mm f4. I saw your Telear samples that is a very good lens indeed.