Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 21M 200/4,Mir 38B 65/3.5,Kaleinar3B 150/2,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 21M 200/4,Mir 38B 65/3.5,Kaleinar3B 150/2,8 Reply with quote

Have just been able to get out (holidays, weather - over and under - etc). Tried three of my newest arrivals, purchased after recommendations from members of this forum:

1 . Jupiter 21M 200/4 in M42 mount:

2. Mir 38B 65/3.5 in P6 mount

3. Kaleinar 3B 150/2,8 in P6 mount

Still too early to come to strong conclusion, but so far so good

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is that pretty lady with beautiful blue eyes ? I am glad to see you Russian collection is growing ... Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Patrick I am so happy to see your photos with these lenses!!
All of these are lenses that I love deeply.

The Jupiter-21M is an amazing tele lens which is sharp wide open like not even the Sonnar 200 is (and i tested them side to side). Stopped down the Sonnar wins but only by a very little, and considering that is a lens that normally costs 10 times as much as the Jupiter-21M, this shows what a bargain the Jupiter is.
I have four Jupiter-21M Rolling Eyes And this mostly because they were sold by Italian users in like new condition for zero money and often nobody bought them! So I wanted also to save them from ending into trash cans.

The MIR 65mm is one of my sharpest lenses and although it seems incredible that an old Russian can be sharper than some expensive lenses of today, yet, the results are under the eye! And your first picture also proves that.
It is ridiculous how the people does not understand this lens, the last one I saw was sold in Italy for 38 Euros!

The Kaleinar requires some care in using because it is a lens that really suffers from flaring due to the large front glass and the single coating. But once you protect it with a hood, it can deliver images that are very sharp and with an excellent colour rendition and bokeh.

Looking forward to see more form your lenses!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow,great pics

i cant decide which i like the best Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Patrickh,
To me the three are nice shots and show up very well the capabilities of the lens (and the photographer).
The portrait is excellent and the close-up shows a nice bokeh.
Congrats,
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila

My middle one of three. Blue eyes are a gift from Dad Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks all for comments

patrickh

PS all three have blue eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:

PS all three have blue eyes.

And what a blue, I may add.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the portrait of your daughter. Perfectly in focus, natural colors and smooth bokeh Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots.

I'm awaiting delivery of my first soviet lenses : a 50mm f2 Helios from Russia and the Calinear from the Ukraine. I suspect the calinear is going to prove remarkably similar to my 100mm 2.8 e series Nikon in terms but we shall see...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Three nice new toys! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard

I have the kaleinar and the 100/2.8E - there was a report that the Kaleinar was based on the nikon, but I see quite a difference in character between the two. The kaleinar is just as sharp as the nikon, but has more saturation of colours, probably due as much to the difference in coating as anything.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Richard

I have the kaleinar and the 100/2.8E - there was a report that the Kaleinar was based on the nikon, but I see quite a difference in character between the two. The kaleinar is just as sharp as the nikon, but has more saturation of colours, probably due as much to the difference in coating as anything.

patrickh

Thanks - hopefully mine will arrive soon!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Richard
patrickh

Patrick, the Kaleinar you refer to is the -5N, this is the Kaleinar-3B medium format lens 150mm.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio

I also have the kaleinar 5N - from Attila. It's a great little lens

Smile Smile

patrickh

Looking for a chance to try out my newly arrived 80/2.8 biotar in P6 mount, but weather is awful here

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
patrickh wrote:
Richard
patrickh

Patrick, the Kaleinar you refer to is the -5N, this is the Kaleinar-3B medium format lens 150mm.

Thanks Orio - I think I confused the issue Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biotar 80 is a nice lens real Zeiss you will love it I am sure.