Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 12 m39 mounting issue
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 12 m39 mounting issue Reply with quote

This isn't actually a repair type question. I was curious if others have had this experience. I recently acquired an m39 J12 made in the mid 50s. Nice copy expect it doesn't align properly at the top. The marker is about 75degrees short of it. This is tested on 5 separate m39 bodies which are known to be good. I have J8s, other J12s, J3s, J11s, I61s, I50s, I22s, etc and they are all fine on these bodies.

I don't really get it...Did KMZ make a batch with the mount being incorrectly threaded? Anyone else have one with this issue?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incorrect alignment of helical threads in my 500/4.5 caused that...could not quite get infinity...now they are aligned, and lens focuses slightly past infinity, as designed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can't be the helical threads. The top marker and the screw mount are one solid piece.