Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 12 close focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 12 close focus Reply with quote

Hello I'd like to try out my Kiev mount Jupiter 12 as a close up lens for flowers and other things. My E-mount adapter is made out of a Kiev mount and m39 adapter.
The Jupiter 12 uses what I think is called the external bayonet, and is therefore limited to 1m close focus distance.

How would you go about shortening that focusing distance?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Jupiter 12 close focus Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Hello I'd like to try out my Kiev mount Jupiter 12 as a close up lens for flowers and other things. My E-mount adapter is made out of a Kiev mount and m39 adapter.
The Jupiter 12 uses what I think is called the external bayonet, and is therefore limited to 1m close focus distance.

How would you go about shortening that focusing distance?

Macro Extension Tube Rings Set Manual Focus For Sony E Mount NEX Camera A7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked ebay and the shortest ones in the sets are 10mm, I think that may be too close.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Minolta SR mount I have tested md lenses with the original macro ring set that are just a few millimeters and that is almost too close for 35mm.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually wondering about the same thing (with the same lens and adapter combo). I'll make use of my achromatic close up lenses, otherwise I may consider making another adapter based on a short helicoid instead of M39 adapter. The Chinese M39 adapter was an easy fit, I'm not sure if any helicoid could do without gluing parts together; probably not. Maybe it's simpler to buy M39 version of the lens in the end, which I'm not interested in doing after finding this mint copy in Contax Kiev mount. Obviously, if you don't care about infinity focus, you can rework your adapter and create a bigger distance by screwing the Kiev mount less deep into the M39 adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dejan wrote:
I am actually wondering about the same thing (with the same lens and adapter combo). I'll make use of my achromatic close up lenses, otherwise I may consider making another adapter based on a short helicoid instead of M39 adapter. The Chinese M39 adapter was an easy fit, I'm not sure if any helicoid could do without gluing parts together; probably not. Maybe it's simpler to buy M39 version of the lens in the end, which I'm not interested in doing after finding this mint copy in Contax Kiev mount. Obviously, if you don't care about infinity focus, you can rework your adapter and create a bigger distance by screwing the Kiev mount less deep into the M39 adapter.

I also wish i had bought the m39 version now. My original plan was to get a nice lens set for a Kiev camera, but after trying one that lasted one and a half roll before braking I changed my mind. I'll experiment how well it can fit in my m52 helicoid.