Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 12, 35/2.8, Contax RF/Kiev mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 12, 35/2.8, Contax RF/Kiev mount Reply with quote

Sure not a lens for pixel peeping, but a nice small walkaround one on the Sony A7ii;

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very nice! How do you get the edges so sharp? On my a7 it is very soft, I can't replicate this performance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Looks very nice! How do you get the edges so sharp? On my a7 it is very soft, I can't replicate this performance.

Stopping down to f8/f11 and then you have to carefully focus, the lens has field curvature, so you have to balance the center and border sharpness. Even with this the results are less then good somerimes when looking at 100% magnification, but for web viewing it s ok.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
blotafton wrote:

Stopping down to f8/f11 and then you have to carefully focus, the lens has field curvature, so you have to balance the center and border sharpness. Even with this the results are less then good somerimes when looking at 100% magnification, but for web viewing it s ok.

+googolplex

Overlooked way way too often, usually blamed on lens...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work! Like Dog

I have replaced my Jupiter-12 with a T coated Zeiss-Opton Biogon 2.8/35. The same basic lens design, but Zeiss was forced to redesign the huge rear element so that the lens could be used on the smaller Contax 2a and 3a cameras. The smaller Zeiss-Opton lens works on Sony's APS-C cameras, where the J-12 doesn't.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newst wrote:
Excellent work! Like Dog

I have replaced my Jupiter-12 with a T coated Zeiss-Opton Biogon 2.8/35. The same basic lens design, but Zeiss was forced to redesign the huge rear element so that the lens could be used on the smaller Contax 2a and 3a cameras. The smaller Zeiss-Opton lens works on Sony's APS-C cameras, where the J-12 doesn't.

Thank you!