Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-11 old granade modell in black finish
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-11 old granade modell in black finish Reply with quote

Is anybody have it ? Not Jupiter-11A , old one like silver , but in black aluminum finish.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - mine's black old style. I haven't got round to swapping mounts so haven't used it yet. I'll post a picture of it tommorrow if I remember.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have it, but saw its picture in this website:

http://www.photohistory.ru/35mm-TeleLens.html

Its pic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine a quick shot before I swapped the mount over last night. although it's not the Jupiter11A it still has the replaceable A Mount if that makes sense! I've managed to get a 40.5mm cap for it so I'll put it through it's paces soon. Seems well enough built but the rings on mine are very loose, the aperture more than the focus.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys I thought this one, I was curious how rare I didn't see often. Just once a year on Ebay.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have read on Flickr that the Jupiter-11 is a radioactive lens!!
Does anybody know about this? (I've also got a silver copy.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you guys I thought this one, I was curious how rare I didn't see often. Just once a year on Ebay.

I don't know how rare it is, but I only paid ?8 for mine...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is price less, even if rare as many Russian lens.
Carsten, I don't think so this is radioactive lens.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't specifically about the jupiter 11 but it does address the possibility of radiation in russian lenses (I think he measures the industar 61 L/D): http://cameras.alfredklomp.com/fed5/radiation/

I honestly don't think the jupiter would be radioactive since I've never heard of the incorperation of 'rare earth elements' into the glass.

~Marc