Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-11 4/135 M39
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-11 4/135 M39 Reply with quote

Got some M39-M42 adapter rings to use with the Tair-11 and the Jupiter-11, and took the little (aluminium) Jupe into the back yard this afternoon.

Had absolutely no expectations at all about the little guy - it looks good, but I didn't think it'd be anything to get too thrilled about.

I've changed my mind...

100% crop from centre of above image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works great. Can you get infinity focus with it? I thought I remembered the register distance was different with M39.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Mal I've been after an M39 version for a while for my early Zenits, lovely images, I have the m42 version btw and its pretty good too, just gets overshadowed by the Jupiter 37, I must have another go with mine.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
It works great. Can you get infinity focus with it? I thought I remembered the register distance was different with M39.

Unfortunately the weather today didn't allow for me to go in search of infinity, so I don't know. I also recall reading that it was unlikely due to the register distance being different.

Will give it a spin soon and let you know what happens.

Poolhall wrote:
Very nice Mal I've been after an M39 version for a while for my early Zenits, lovely images, I have the m42 version btw and its pretty good too, just gets overshadowed by the Jupiter 37, I must have another go with mine.

I got the M42 (1968 copy) version the same night - can't decide whether I prefer the black of the M42 or the silver of the M39 (1967 copy), as they're both lookers Embarassed

Just reading over that sentence again makes me realise that my LBA has progressed to a critical level at this stage...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely samples. Yet another hidden gem, it's great how the forum manages to keep many of these alive

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can touch the leaf of #1. it projects out of my monitor.

great lens!
would also be interessted in infinity focus. i am not an expert for this, but i can remember that i read something like,... the register of m39 (zenit) is larger than m39 (leica). could that be true?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supahmario wrote:
i can touch the leaf of #1. it projects out of my monitor.

great lens!
would also be interessted in infinity focus. i am not an expert for this, but i can remember that i read something like,... the register of m39 (zenit) is larger than m39 (leica). could that be true?

M39 Zenit Register 45.2 mm Thread 39mm x 1 mm

Leica Thread Mount (Also called M39!) Register 28.8 mm Thread 39mm x 26 turns per inch.

Zenit is SLR - Leica is Rangefinder.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! It's a great lens alright! Smile I have the silver Jupiter 11 in M42 mount and it's simply stunning, an incredible lens Cool

You'll have fun with that one Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know, will the m39 j-11 achieve infinity focus on an EOS body?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1kgcoffee wrote:

There are 2 39mm screw mounts
This one will :

This one won't :

Photos from http://www.photohistory.ru/1207248189157431.html

First is M39 for Zenit, second is L39 for Zorki. You can easily distinguate them by their look.

Mal1905, your black Jupiter-11 is pretty nice Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1kgcoffee wrote:

I have the SLR version and it does reach infinity on my Canon T3 using a M39 to M42 adapter then M42 to Eos
adapter. The M39 to Eos adapter I have doesn't allow infinity because it is too thick. Nice lens, congratulations!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
1kgcoffee wrote:

I have the SLR version and it does reach infinity on my Canon T3 using a M39 to M42 adapter then M42 to Eos
adapter. The M39 to Eos adapter I have doesn't allow infinity because it is too thick. Nice lens, congratulations!

Have the same lens and setup as yours - EOS 5DMkII - mine reach infinity,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these M39 acrew mounts just like the M42 ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahvel wrote:
Are these M39 acrew mounts just like the M42 ?

Yes, some sort of, actually for M39 threaded lenses I use a step-up ring M39-M42 and a M42-EOS adapter to fit in a Canon camera.
You can find these step-up rings very cheap at ebay, 2.00 USD or less,

Renato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it achieves infinity on EOS.

I've created a topic on it :
http://forum.mflenses.com/jupiter-11-135-f4-m39-on-5d-mkii-t67342.html