Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jena T 50mm f2.8 front element diassemble.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Jena T 50mm f2.8 front element diassemble. Reply with quote

I got this lens today from a ebay purchase. While examining the lens I noticed fungus on the perimeter behind the first element in the front cell. I was able to disassemble and pull the front cell out- now the front cell looks like its molded together ,could that be? Any one with any experience taking apart the front cell? You can see the target fungus on the first image -top right corner.

And some samples:

Regards[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!! Is it your kite? Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the kite is not mine-it looked picture perfect to test the a fungussed lens Very Happy -it looked and felt like you could climb up those kites. I am still looking around for info on separating the elements in the front cell to clean..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a spanner wrench + lens ring removal rubbers in matched size+ lens suction cup and pretty straight forward. Remove title ring with removal rubbers and you can see next ring what you can open with spanner wrench. I did clean some years ago a silver Biotar it was easy.
If not much fungus there don't open and clean it, with clean you will remove T coating also..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great advice Attila- I dont think I will clean any further -you're right about the fragile coating,and I definitely don't want to leave marks.

I did open the lens before(its very easy to pull front cell out), I posted and the front cell -looks like molded with a machine with the front elements in and no retaining rings etc-do you think this was built differently?I will post an image of the front cell-pictures speak a thousand words.

The front element wont come out at this point- I have tapped it holding it upside down. I will have to use suction cup to see if that will free the element.

I don't think I'll be cleaning the fungus lest I damage the coating-I just want to see that the elements come apart.