Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

*istD repair by myself
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: *istD repair by myself Reply with quote

Today I set about to put my hands on/into my * istD who switch mf/af.c/af.s locked (position mf).
I anticipate that, unfortunately, are not able to document photographically the operation because I was at work and I had not brought the compact.
Then, armed with a small screwdriver and a lot of unconsciousness, I began to unscrew all the screws on the bayonet (and so far it's easy and you risk little potential damage). After removing it, I went to the screws of the bottom and sides (including the lateral side of the shell and flash pop-up). And here the first problems were feared at once: raising the bottom, I discovered that the battery (CR2016) compartment was connected with a very thin and very short wire to the rest of the body. Of course, while working on all the wire came off (but don't worry, it's just a simple soldering to be redone, even if everything seems to work regularly from that point of view. Evidently wire, now that I reinstalled everything, is touching the right place).
There are 2 more screws that attach the bottom mask to the support of the union of the circuitry underneath it.
Total: 15 external screws + 2 internal screws.
At this point I should be able to remove the mask without difficulty but are disengaged and only partially. Specifically, what I need most is to remove the lateral (side of the switch blocked), which remains docked at the terminal X-sync.
After several attempts to give up and try to remove the masks work by raising revenue in part by spaces.
The switch, once removed from the AF system moves regularly. I do work a little bit and try to close without placing the screws but I am in the initial situation (switch locked).
I open, I move the dial a little bit more and give a tip-off "under" (the switch), keeping in place other than where it was stuck.
Close all and .... it works fine!
At this point the problem was just relocate all the screws (which are of different lengths between them - four different sizes but same diameter) correctly.
Now the af.s, af.c (tested according to a plane taking off - but I do not know if it's a conclusive test) and mf work fine and if the switch is on mf, with no autofocus lenses of course, I can take pictures with green hexagon off (this was the main problem of having that switch locked).