Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Isco Westanar 2.8/85mm M42_first samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Isco Westanar 2.8/85mm M42_first samples Reply with quote

Hi!
I got this lens few weeks ago but did not have time to try it yet...Here are thus my first samples with this great and quite rare lens I guess......I can't focus more than 2 meters with my Nikon so unfortunatly only closed-up!

1/

2/

3/

4/

5/

and an 100% crop straight from the cam:

It's not only a beautiful lens, it's also an incredible great performer (at least on my eyes!) Shocked ......
and you don't want to know how much I pay for it, you will not beleive it Very Happy ......

Thanks for looking Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISCO lenses are great performers and most of them sadly go very cheap, cheap price not really help to keep them in good hands. I wish to see pictures from lens itself too. I never seen less than very good pictures from you so not only the lens Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing IQ indeed.... Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
ISCO lenses are great performers and most of them sadly go very cheap, cheap price not really help to keep them in good hands...........

well, i'm not realy agree with you, cheap price can simply allowed you to get a lens you could may be not afford at higher price and why cheap lens will not get in good hands Confused ....
anyway, thanks for your compliment Embarassed ......and here a picture of the lens:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A beauty indeed! If lens is cheap they have no respect like Konica Hexanons , Russian RF lenses etc. Many of them ending in trash can , due people not waist their time to sell them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results. I really like the bokeh in that first shot.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Nice lens and nice images!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all Smile ...

Attila wrote:
A beauty indeed! If lens is cheap they have no respect like Konica Hexanons , Russian RF lenses etc. Many of them ending in trash can , due people not waist their time to sell them.

ok, I know what you mean now.......

@mo: I hope you will get soon your isco 4/150 and hope it will have the same IQ as this one Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great series. Very sharp and magnificient colours.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Thanks all Smile ...

Attila wrote:

ok, I know what you mean now.......

@mo: I hope you will get soon your isco 4/150 and hope it will have the same IQ as this one Wink

Thanks ,I hope so too.I don't think I will ever see this lens....bad seller Sad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:

Thanks ,I hope so too.I don't think I will ever see this lens....bad seller Sad

that's bad news Sad ...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw your lens and images,I got excited as they are beautiful.....the 4/150 looked just like your lens the same styling.I won't go OT as your lens deserves to shine Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice images! sometimes it makes me wanna collect some of these lenses, but when I check the prices it soon becomes a thing of desire. I don't know where you guys get them "cheap" but 200€ is a lot for me Confused

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find, this lens is quite rare and not often seen for sale Wink IQ also looks good like most ISCOs Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:
nice images! sometimes it makes me wanna collect some of these lenses, but when I check the prices it soon becomes a thing of desire. I don't know where you guys get them "cheap" but 200€ is a lot for me Confused

Thanks Roman.
May be it will surprise you but 200€ is also A LOT for me.
Here in the Netherlands but also in France (my mother land), we have some good bargain secondhands marketplaces and I must admit than I have made some very good bargains (I guess I could say extremly good bargains!)......This lens for exemple, Ive got it for 50€ incl a cam and an isco 2.8/50mm so quite far from 200€ Wink ....
I'm not a reach guy, I'm just a lucky guy who have made some great bargains few years ago with selling lenses and with the money that I've won, I was abble to buy the great lenses I have now....
Does it makes me a good photographer, of course not! Does it makes me an happy collector, well probably yes but it makes me for sure an happy MF lenses user.....But Roman, when you've got talent, you don't need better lenses, do you think you will make better pictures from your beautiful country with zeiss or leica lenses? I don't think so Wink .....We have every day here exemples from guys who make some beautiful artistic pictures with "cheap" lenses and cheap cam so we all know than talent is much more important than the lens you use...In my case, my lenses help me to have confidence but unfortunatly does not help me to have talent ............

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Pascal,
If may I say one thing, your talent is with you.The photos are so beautiful's and they self talk about the author!
I soo your lens, they are very solid and I think they can beat some new and expensive lens! For the money you pay, happiness is almost each time more important that TALENT!
IN MY OPINION YOU DON'T NEED TALENT BECAUSE YOUR LENS HAS THAT!

I bought one for few years this lens but I was not so luky,was in very bat condition, but I have one almoust the same scala and I am very happy!Meyer-Optik Görlitz Trioplan 100mm f2.8 They are some artistic lens. Congratulation with your lens and hope you will enjoy that!

Have a great time!
Nico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draculro wrote:
Dear Pascal,
If may I say one thing, your talent is with you.The photos are so beautiful's and they self talk about the author!
I soo your lens, they are very solid and I think they can beat some new and expensive lens! For the money you pay, happiness is almost each time more important that TALENT!

I bought one for few years this lens but I was not so luky,was in very bat condition, but I have one almoust the same scala and I am very happy!Meyer-Optik Görlitz Trioplan 100mm f2.8 They are some artistic lens. Congratulation with your lens and hope you will enjoy that!

Have a great time!
Nico

Welcome to the forum, Nico. Striking photo!

Your first post can't contain images, it's an anti-spam measure. From now on you can post images.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draculro wrote:
Dear Pascal,

Have a great time!
Nico

Hello Nico!
Thanks a lot for you nice word and Welcome on the forum Very Happy
Your first picture is beautiful, love the colours and the bokeh, you have also a very talented lens Very Happy ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note it arrived today and IT IS HERE