Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Isco Tele-Westanar lens mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Isco Tele-Westanar lens mount? Reply with quote

Hi

I just bought this small Isco tele, but I don't know which mount it has.

Here focused to eternity. I can take off the outer lock-ring, but it seems not to release anything in the bajonet.

Here focused to 1.3m

Red knob lowers little bolt under bajonet, propably for locking lens.

Everything I know about the lens (from this pic I found very little growing something on the edge of the lens, which I didn't have noticed by a naked eye):

The profil of the lens:

Took some tests with NEX squeezing the lens against M42-adapter, and seems that flange is about the same.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made for RF cameras with Prontor-SVS shutter, for example http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Photavit_36 .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
I guess I'll have to supply some kind of adapter myself, probably from 8mm M42 macro ring and electric tape. The problem is, that the focusing ring locates at the rear edge.

-keijo-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice looking isco zebra lens. Please don't do any irreversible changes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case the link from Calvin fails it will fit , from camera-wiki:
"The lens mount is not unique to Bolta Photoavit 36 cameras however. A very similar mount is used on the Braun Super Paxette III Automatic, King Regula IIId, and possibly other cameras. The lenses are easy to identify because of a characteristic red release button on the top of the lens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed I bought a BRAUN PAXETTE SUPER III, which have ISCO Braun Color Ultralit SLK 50/2.5 (still waiting for it). This ISCO has a similar red knob.

Today I received a M42 male-male adapter, from which I crafted a so-so M42 adapter for ISCO lens. I filed the 'inner' thread of M42 male-male from the three zones, which would be a counterpart of ISCO-mount shoulders.

Now I just push my brand new adapter in, the thread-removed zones facing the shoulders, and the it goes in quite easily through these thinner zones of M42. Then I just twist my adapter some 15-20 degrees, and ISCO mount's shoulders bites in 'inner' M42's still threaded zone.

The adapter can be easily removed by twisting the 15-20 degrees back and pull it off. It is not exactly a masterpiece of handicraft, but it works. Flange is juuust a bit too long, pulling infinity to about 6-10 meters, but I didn't plan to take sceneries with ISCO, anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done. Now we need photos. Both of the lens and by the lens. Please?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Here's an adapter (like I said, quite roughly done by leatherman - tried to mark the landing zone on the outer ring, but the file got jumpy):

Here is an adapter
1. on the lens
2. pushed in place
3. locked

And here's the M42-adapted lens connected to Nex-3 through M42-Sony-E adapter

Some test shots ( with Sony a7ii) on our balcony on shady afternoon about 6pm

#1 Full aperture ( 3.5 ) , darkish background

#2 Full aperture, light background

#3 1/80@f8 - tried also on f11, but wind made photos blurry at 1/40

#4 Next day, a bit earlier, the flower bush turned against the reflection of the setting sun on the facing house wall.

Not an extraordinary lens, quite (nice) soft. But the lens is easy to focus, light (305g) and compact. Still I like my Jupiter-37a more, though it is some 2cm longer and 70g heavier (I got curious and scaled these lenses and some other 'weight-effectives' to found out, that my Sonnar 135/3.5 weights 365g, 37a 375g, Soligor 105/2.5 274g and Tele-Ennar 240/4.5 310g) .