Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Isco Gottingen Tele-Iscaron 135mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucse wrote:

There is nothing that could be understood wrong in the answer that Calvin gave me.

Could there be anything misunderstood in the question which lead to the answer appropriate for how it was interpreted, but inappropriate for the intended meaning of the question? Leading to complete misunderstanding of the answer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, due to to minimal activity by Lucse on this Forum and his attitude I am very happy that he has left the forum,We do not need this type of attitude,good riddance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm french Canadian and member calvin83 is from Hong Kong which is half way around the world from where I am......
still we've communicated successfully in the past, using the English language.

I to was once a newbie, and i've learned from this forum and its members.

I've also personally exchanged gear and money with member calvin83, solely based on trust....
and I must add to this thread that none of the words from Lucse's list apply to my encounters with
member calvin83..... on the contrary.

I'm afraid member kryss as a point .....

Besides, there's the "Send private message" button on each of our post,
whenever someone feels a need for further explanations....

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir...... Like 1 Like 1 I also have had great relationship with calvin83

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucse wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Please reconsider.

Especially since meaning and nuance can easily get confused by parties who admit weak skills using the 3rd party language for communicating.

Getting better with social contacts involves staying, not walking away, I think. Besides you can improve your English use, which imho is already excellent and sophisticated.

There is nothing that could be understood wrong in the answer that Calvin gave me.

"If you look for a sharp lens with good flare resistance, get a modern 135/2.8.".

This reply (towards the newcomer that I am) was belittling; derogatory ; haughty ; disparaging ; supercilious ; slighting ; depreciatory ; high-and-mighty ; arrogant proud ; derogatory ; haughty ; disparaging ; supercilious ; slighting ; depreciatory ; high-and-mighty ; arrogant ; superior ; presumptuous ; high-handed ; contemptuous ; scornful ; derisive ; disdainful ; sneering ; contumelious ; sniffy ; stuck up ;
uppity ; sanctimonious.

You can pick the right word yourself.

As in "You are a newby who does not belong on this forum".

That's what he says in that reply. And that's what I will do, follow his advise and leave this forum.

I understand. I agree completely what was written can be interpreted exactly as you say. However, that interpretation is mistaken and contrary to the real intent of helpfulness.

Hey! We need everybody! Everybody offers value nobody else has. The forces that move and gather us are mysterious...

Lucse has noted a lens there's not much info about. A well-known desire for some old.mf lens...sound familiar? Let's fix it.