Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Isco-Göttingen Westromat 50mm f1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Isco-Göttingen Westromat 50mm f1.9 Reply with quote

This lens had been sitting in the lens cabinet for 7 to 8 months without sunlight ,and both caps on . I picked it up to use it today and noticed some fresh wiry strands of fungus in the back element (on the inside) , and a light patch on the back of the second element of the front cell.

After a cleanup- images taken mostly @f1.9 and maybe 1 @ f2.8.

Adios

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the bokeh on the leaf shot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series on bird. same situation here, I think I have to take my westrocolor out again

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results Wink

I might have one equal if this is the Zebra version with a "red window"?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I like the bokeh on the leaf shot.

Thanks

IAZA wrote:
great series on bird. same situation here, I think I have to take my westrocolor out again

Thanks.You know fungus never sleeps ! I learnt that its important to rotate their use.

Nordentro wrote:
Nice results

Thanks .No this is the plain black , plasticy outer body version Very Happy like this

Regards

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Nice results Wink

Can I see your version?
Mine isn't westomat.
its zebra and full metal, westrocolor

Kath, beside rotation, silica gel and hygrometer must be in the room. air circulation must be good too. I turn on blower and open window to make such condition

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:

Kath, beside rotation, silica gel and hygrometer must be in the room. air circulation must be good too. I turn on blower and open window to make such condition

You're right, I keep my lens cabinet fairly fungus tight- Very Happy
There's an extensive thread on this also-should anyone need to read-

http://forum.mflenses.com/fungus-on-lens-t1301,highlight,+fungus,start,105.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:

Thanks .No this is the plain black , plasticy outer body version Very Happy
Regards

IAZA wrote:
Nordentro wrote:
Nice results Wink

Can I see your version?
Mine isn't westomat.
its zebra and full metal, westrocolor

Ok! mine is different than both, I'll upload a picture later Wink

Last edited by Nordentro on Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually can't go wrong with an ISCO lens, nice to see this uncommon lens here, congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is mine Wink
It's the westrocolor as well, and not the westromat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the westrocolor and westromat are the same optically.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westromat is newer version. I think optic is same. they only change to plastic instead of metal body.
captainjack mention that.
Nordentro, your copy looks like Schneider kreuznach Xenon. and Schact lens. I guess its M42 mount

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
westromat is newer version. I think optic is same. they only change to plastic instead of metal body.
captainjack mention that.
Nordentro, your copy looks like Schneider kreuznach Xenon. and Schact lens. I guess its M42 mount

Yes it's m42. I added some samples from today here

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing a little digging, it does seem the westrcolor and westromat are the same formula, it's the older Westagon that is different.

The color/mat are typical double gauss designs, the Westagon is an Ultron (ish) type (six elements, but none ahead of the aperture are cemented). There have to be two different formulas for the Westagon though, as originally it was an F2 lens, but the later ones are F1.9 - but I don't think either version is as good as the color/mat series judging from the photos I've seen made with them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
Doing a little digging, it does seem the westrcolor and westromat are the same formula, it's the older Westagon that is different.

The color/mat are typical double gauss designs, the Westagon is an Ultron (ish) type (six elements, but none ahead of the aperture are cemented). There have to be two different formulas for the Westagon though, as originally it was an F2 lens, but the later ones are F1.9 - but I don't think either version is as good as the color/mat series judging from the photos I've seen made with them.

As the ISCO fan I am I also have the Westagon f/2 and the Westar f/2.8. Wink Maybe I can compare them...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A side by side comparison of the Westagon and Westrocolor would be interesting. I've kind of wondered why they were produced simultaneously since they more or less filled the the same spot in the line up.

The westar would be neat too, my own is in horrible shape and pretty much useless.