Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Isco-Göttingen Westar 100mm f4.5 in Exakta Mt.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got some great, sharp shots. Congratulations.

I have this lens in native M42 mount. I like using it on a NEX (A7 in this case) with about 12mm of extension. Makes a nice "garden" lens Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious Kathmandu, how you were able to take apart and put that lens back together. I have one that unscrews
when I focus up close.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
I am curious Kathmandu, how you were able to take apart and put that lens back together. I have one that unscrews
when I focus up close.

The front element unscrews? It should have a pin inside that keeps the focus ring from turning too far.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
uddhava wrote:
when I focus up close.

The front element unscrews? It should have a pin inside that keeps the focus ring from turning too far.

Thank you, but sorry I did not explain it clearly. The two screws(circled in red) are missing. That is why it can unscrew. I will have to get some screws to fasten that. However, when I fasten it the focusing stop(circled in green) will hit the pin and I won't be able to screw the lens back together.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Mos6502 wrote:
uddhava wrote:
when I focus up close.

Thank you, but sorry I did not explain it clearly. The two screws(circled in red) are missing. That is why it can unscrew. I will have to get some screws to fasten that. However, when I fasten it the focusing stop(circled in green) will hit the pin and I won't be able to screw the lens back together.

There are set screws around the outside of the focus ring that need to be loosened to allow the inside to turn while the outside is stationary. Once it is screwed in, one can match the focus to the indicated distance and retighten the screws.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
uddhava wrote:
Mos6502 wrote:
uddhava wrote:
when I focus up close.

There are set screws around the outside of the focus ring that need to be loosened to allow the inside to turn while the outside is stationary. Once it is screwed in, one can match the focus to the indicated distance and retighten the screws.

Thanks for the information! BTW, do you have any idea where I could purchase the small screws I would need?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea what size those screws are? I don't have any so narrow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an M42 100 4.5. My first isco. I was quite impressed and purchased several more. Some of these were very good others, meh. I too have ruined good lenses. I bought a rolleiflex sl35 with a planar 50 1.8. Trying to use a big-is adapter that allows infinity the aperture pin became detached from a connecting stirrup. Trying to reconnect the other end of the linkage detached. It's inside the housing with the aperture and I can't figure out how to open it. Mfl should set up a lens resurrection cooperative. Send in your damaged, parts missing lenses, get points toward purchase of a refurbished lens?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Is that imprint on a coating, or is the lens too old for coatings? I wonder how fungus does that - glass is a very hard surface. Will it affect the image at all?

I know this is an old post, but thought I should add my 2 cents.
The fungus releases an acid, the acid etches the glass/coating if left for a long period, thats why you get it cleaned asap.
The IQ shouldn't be effected all that much till most of the element is etched, the PSF will show the etching.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:07 pm    Post subject: help with my isco Reply with quote

Not sure if this conversation is still active or not. in your second photo.. I see another possible cover or lens laying flat on the piece of paper - what is that? My lens does not have that piece. My bigger question is this - I had to take my lens apart much like you did but when putting it back together.. I cant figure how much to screw in the front glass piece. you have it shown screwed into your top piece but I had to unscrew it. when I screw the glass piece back in..do I screw it down all the way ? not too tight? my lens wont focus so I dont know what is going on. thank you.