Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ISCO-Göttingen Tele-Westanar 135mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: ISCO-Göttingen Tele-Westanar 135mm f3.5 Reply with quote

This lens is in Praktina mount and is tested on my Oly OM-D E-M5.

The lens is quite compact and has a decently short minimum focusing distance of 1.3 m. It has (I think) 15 iris blades. It is a bit of a pain to use as the aperture ring is at the front of the lens and rotates with the focus and it is therefore not possible to change the aperture without changing the focus. A stiffer focus and softer aperture clicks would help. Smile

Wide open, the lens shows good, though not biting sharpness. It can show both green and red fringing, as can be seen in the crop of the Welsh Poppy shot below.

The test shots below were all taken wide-open at f3.5 except the last one which was at f5.6. PP is limited to general curves adjustment to boost contrast and cropping for composition. Contrast and colours from the lens are pretty good straight from the camera, but there is almost no lens that does not benefit from a curves tweak.

This crop of the above shot shows the green and red fringing. You can also see the sharpness is good but not great.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below are pictures of the lens on the E-M5. The Praktina to m4/3 adapter is my own creation.