Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is this "haze" ? Easy clean ? Easy (dis)assembly ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Is this "haze" ? Easy clean ? Easy (dis)assembly ? Reply with quote

Hi,

3 questions, all related to this lens, that I could buy cheap (< 100 Euro).
But, I'm novice to lens maintenance, so I would only consider this job if it is really easy, and doesn't need any specific lenstools ...

Thanks in advance for your advice !

Rafael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not very easy Rafael and need specific tools. I think this amount of dust haze not impact or minimal impact picture quality (make it a bit contrast less what is easiest thing to fix it in post processing) If I know well this lens is not expensive usually even if it is made by Leica.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a biotar that had what looked like a white milky look to the front element and it cleaned up very well (I sent it to my repairman).It also had what looked like dribble marks on the inside...again it all cleaned up nicely.
Have you held this lens in your hand to see for yourself? Even in that messy state that Biotar took the photo that is my avatar.. Very Happy