Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is This Fungus?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Is This Fungus?! Reply with quote

Just spent $275 on this "good user" Hasselblad 50mm Distagon from ebay. Hoping the seller will be honest and refund my money.

It goes all around the front inner element. Looks like the lens was at least once open crudely.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not have to be fungus. At least it does not look like it. Actually it reminds me of the 50mm P6 Flektogon which I once had and the front element had been removed. That left some marks around the front element(s) but actually not on the elements but on the outer rims (outside of the optical path). Maybe this is the case here also.

But... I don't like lenses which seem be have been opened by f***ing amateurs Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was described as "Here is an good user condition Hasselblad Distagon 50mm f4 lens. The glass appears to be free of haze and marks."

Clearly not true.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then send it back. You expected to receive a good user lens, not a junker... Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just opened a case with ebay. Hope he'll be a good seller!
Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is not haze ,not fungus and not marks, rather dusts around edges based on pictures , this is quiet common on older Pentacon lenses. ~250 USD for a an 50mm Hasselblad lens not bad even with this problem. In this case of you rather test it first (I am pretty sure it is fine) and enjoy this great lens than send it to back.
Can you link auction to here ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with the lens .. IMHO, if shutter fires correctly on the lens...

this is the optical scheme from Carl Zeiss ..

http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B8B6F/EmbedTitelIntern/Distagon4_50mm_104148_e/$File/Distagon4_50mm_104148_e.pdf

7 lens elements
7 components = groups

Therefore - good news - it can not a separation between elements

It's not a fungi in my view - hard to say from that picture

tf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like "Schneideritis"
It is only on the black painted lens edges?

Have someting like that on some Schneider Kreuznach lenses, and on a Vivitar VHE enlaging lens "Made in Germany", seller told me it is made by Schneider - now the Schnederitis proofs that Smile
I think my Porst 135/1.8 has the same Wink