Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is there a Voigtländer expert in the room? - The VITO C len
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:10 pm    Post subject: Is there a Voigtländer expert in the room? - The VITO C len Reply with quote

Hi. This is my first post and first of all I want to greet you all.
I have two Voigtländer VITO C.
Hopefully, with these two I will build a good one.
The problem is that the camera that is in the best conditions (the receiver) has a LANTHAR 2.8/50 lens and "the donor" comes with a COLOR-LANTHAR 2.8/50, I understand better quality.

The receiver and the donor
The receiver's optical train rings are in much better condition and outwardly looks identical in measurements to those of the donor.
Both shutters require cleaning because they move slowly and in the case of the donor, it remains slightly open. It is clear that I will have to disassemble to clean and lubricate.
Will it be possible to place the COLOR-LANTHAR glasses on the LANTHAR body as a simple replacement?
Regards
Eduardo Larrea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a Voigtländer expert in the room? - The VITO C Reply with quote

Larrea wrote:
The problem is that the camera that is in the best conditions (the receiver) has a LANTHAR 2.8/50 lens and "the donor" comes with a COLOR-LANTHAR 2.8/50, I understand better quality.

The receiver's optical train rings are in much better condition and outwardly looks identical in measurements to those of the donor.
Both shutters require cleaning because they move slowly and in the case of the donor, it remains slightly open. It is clear that I will have to disassemble to clean and lubricate.
Will it be possible to place the COLOR-LANTHAR glasses on the LANTHAR body as a simple replacement?
Regards
Eduardo Larrea

Welcome Eduardo!

Sorry I don't know. Maybe somebody here does know, or, you may discover yourself.

Quoting post to show image.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

According to my records there is no difference at all between the Lanthar and the Color-Lanthar, though the Color prefix was only used with the CL model.
Conclusion: Your expectation is wrong. Both lenses should deliver identical image quality.

BTW, The Vito C is the basic Vito; 90.000 have been produced from 1959 to 1966.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
According to my records there is no difference at all between the Lanthar and the Color-Lanthar, though the Color prefix was only used with the CL model.

Thanks for answering.
So there is no difference between both lenses. I will then concentrate on aesthetic improvements.
The striking thing is that this specimen seems to be out of the records. In this case, in the photo we can see (on the right) a VITO C equipped with a COLOR-LANTHAR contrary to registration.
I will see if other examples like mine appear on the web.
These days I would be receiving a VITORET equipped with a VASKAR. That must be different...
Regards,
Eduardo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larrea wrote:
tb_a wrote:

Thanks for answering.
So there is no difference between both lenses. I will then concentrate on aesthetic improvements.
The striking thing is that this specimen seems to be out of the records. In this case, in the photo we can see (on the right) a VITO C equipped with a COLOR-LANTHAR contrary to registration.
I will see if other examples like mine appear on the web.
These days I would be receiving a VITORET equipped with a VASKAR. That must be different...
Regards,
Eduardo

It may well be that somebody already replaced the lens or only the name ring from a Vito CL.
Officially there was never any C like this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a Voigtländer expert in the room? - The VITO C Reply with quote

BOth lenses will be identical or nearly identical
COLOR- was added in front when color film became ppular to ensure customers that the lenses will not only take BW pictures.

Now your shutters should be fine, they just need a little rinse with electric contact cleaner
Larrea wrote:

Regards
Eduardo Larrea