Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is the NEX-7 "old tech" compared to the a6000?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it "old tech"? Yes, of course!
But who cares?

A great camera such as the NEX-7 does not suddenly get bad, just because a newer model is on the market. It is still as good as it was when it was marketed. Just like a Nikon D700 or a Canon EOS 7D etc.

Is the "old tech" cam still sufficient? Is it still fun to play with? Yes? In both cases? OK, no need for another cam.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I have attempted to use the wireless capability and the near field communication on my A6000 and been totally bamboozled by it. I think I must install an app. The A6000 seems to use my wireless hub so a bit useless outdoors.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? The wireless capability isn't a selling point for me its just something that may be useful if I could get my head round it.

I don't know if A6000 works that way (it most likely does), but for me the biggest advantage of wi-fi on E-P5 is that it instantly turns your smartphone into the wireless remote. Indeed, most certainly you need to install an app if you want your camera to communicate with your phone.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than that, Phil, how do you like your a6000?