Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is it fungus or hair? Tair-11
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject: Is it fungus or hair? Tair-11 Reply with quote

Hello,

I have checked a lens that was stored for 2-3 years (dry, luminous place). I noted this inside. It has damaged to coating. I was wondering if it was a hair, that, with time, damaged the coating, or a fungus.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never imagine a hair damaging the coatings . A fungus can do that damage, with hair or not , with visible particles or not. A hair could help grow fungus , but meantime inside the optics ,why would you assume the coating have been affected ? Of course they could be , but first, should cla to evaluate it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say hair, or more likely, fiber. The damaged coating may be unrelated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a hair or fiber of some sort. Two of them. I also don't see coating damage, but if you do then I agree it might be unrelated. Unless the coating damage is from someone that took the lens apart, scrubbed it like a mad man and left those fibers in there for you. Do those fibers even have an effect on IQ? I would think there is a good chance they don't have any impact.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not very easy to show on picture, but yeah, it damaged the coating. The damage follow the "hair" shape, damages are mostly visibles on the curves (corners) of the hair. So I would say it act like fungus, but I'm a bit puzzle by the look of this fungus, if it is.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was already there during the coating process. So maybe it didn't damage the coating but prevented it. Pretty low serial number there. Mine's 024567 (also KMZ)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
Maybe it was already there during the coating process. So maybe it didn't damage the coating but prevented it. Pretty low serial number there. Mine's 024567 (also KMZ)

Oh, the Tahair-11!

Whoo Turtle Like 1