Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

International Commie Cameras Days
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: International Commie Cameras Days Reply with quote

I went out on May 1st for International Commie Camera Days -- I used my 'Glorious Soviet FED 4 with teh 53mm f2.8 Industar lens, loaded with some gift Kodak T-Max 100 which I processed in Rodinal 1+50 for 12 mins at 20oC.
The lens was very sharp even at full aperture -- I show some results of my walk around Brentwood, Essex.
One of my 'Test' Subjects with lots of textures and details

Back-lit Gate, no lens hood, no flare -- 1/250th @ f9

old Couple by Pond at full aperture 1/250 f2.8

Old Couple by Pond -- 1/250 @ f8

Girl on Seat -- candid at waist level, guessed Focus , 1/500th @ f5.6

Old Church Door and leaf Textures -- 1/500th @ f5.6

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 I like the photo of the girl best.
How did you like using that FED?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Using a FED 4 Reply with quote

Thanks for viewing == well, I do not use the FED 4 a great deal, mainly because I have no other lenses that will work with it ( I DO have a 1936 50mm f2 Summar off my 1934 Leica II that fits) and also the case gets in the way a bit -- I have to remember all the 'tricks' of use of these Russian Cameras such as never turn the shutter speed dial UNLESS the film is wound on, and there is a warning about going past the 1/30th / B settings the wrong way.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pics, nowadays B&W photography is for my part done digitally , so I appreciate you taken the time to shoot on film , the girl`s eyes seem to indicate that she did notice , I wonder if she heard the shutter clicking .

Like 1