Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Info about this super rare lens Rikenon 24mm 2.8 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Info about this super rare lens Rikenon 24mm 2.8 M42 Reply with quote

I buy this lens , but I don't find any information about it, search in Rikenon lenses list, I can't find nothing.
If you know this lens or have any info about it, please share with me. Thanks a lot. Sorry bad english, best regards, Andre Matos from Brazil.

[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that this is a 10 elements in 8 groups lens from the information here:
http://www.drricoh.de/Rikenon/index.html#WideAngleM42

Other than that, you may be the first to review it.
Happy snaps
OH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, quite different from known Rikenon lenses.
Looks a bit like a fixed mount version of early Sigma, or maybe Sun.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not a common lens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've got exactly the same lens.

You can see some photos taken here: https://www.flickr.com/search/?tags=rikenon24mm&sort=relevance&user_id=123569846%40N08

Not a bad lens if you don't pay a fortune for it, I got mine for 20€ (65 reais). Has to be stopped at f/8 or f/11 to get decent borders on full frame. Excellent construction, all glass and metal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIGMA of course. It is a fun lens. I have samples made with 5dmkII somewhere on disk. Will try to find them. Oh here they are. Some vertical:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens. It's definitely made by Sigma (I've seen one like that named Sigma XQ or something like that). It's a vintage ultra-wide angle lens, meaning it's very soft at the corners until it hits f/11. Other than that, it's a typical Sigma XQ lens of the time. Unless you want one for collection, or are offered one at a very low price, it has little to offer beside the rarity factor.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
I have this lens. It's definitely made by Sigma (I've seen one like that named Sigma XQ or something like that). It's a vintage ultra-wide angle lens, meaning it's very soft at the corners until it hits f/11. Other than that, it's a typical Sigma XQ lens of the time. Unless you want one for collection, or are offered one at a very low price, it has little to offer beside the rarity factor.

True, wide-open even 4 or 5.6 edges are soft. 24mm on full frame does give you plenty of angle. Some post-production on this one, Rikenon 24mm (SIGMA) again:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does this lens compare compared to CZJ Flektogon 20mm 4.0 ? I'm thinking about switching.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StyxD wrote:
How does this lens compare compared to CZJ Flektogon 20mm 4.0 ? I'm thinking about switching.

Different viewing angle, different maximum aperture, totally different price level. It doesn't make sense to switch; rather, just buy that Flek if you can find one for a reasonable price.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would 100€ be a reasonable price for a mint one ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StyxD wrote:
Would 100€ be a reasonable price for a mint one ?

For a 4/20 Flektogon?
A good price indeed, it usually goes for about twice as much.
I'd buy one for €100 if I didn't already have one.