Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Inexpensive Leica-R Lenses (<$1000)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixland,
That is a really beautiful picture. Just what I am looking for.
I am not necessarily looking for the sharpest or most contrasty look.

uhoh7,
Very nice work. Indeed, the rendering is quite unique. Do you have other Leica tele's that you recommend?
How does this one compare to the others?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are interested in more samples from Leica lenses, here you can find my review of APO-TELYT 3.4/180mm and here few photos with ELmarit-R 2.8/90 first version.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with the encouragement of iangreenhalgh1, I have just posted my first photo.
Nothing special, just an attempt to run through the whole workflow LR -> PS -> resize -> upload.
Default LR processing using Maurizio's Nex 5n standard color profile.

The shot is with my only telephoto, the Contax-G 90mm F2.8 with Nex 5n, shot wide open, hand held, at 1/125 and ISO 100.
I am wondering how the Leica 90mm Summicron would have rendered this shot? I guess more subdued colors.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRunner, thanks for the links. Love the 180 F3.4 especially. The cat and people portraits are great.

UhOh7, I am so envious that you have the opportunities to shoot such beautful mountain scapes.
I am often stuck running around to my daughter's tennis matches on the weekend.
The only thing remotely photogenic was the bush with berries!

I had never seen a shoulder mounted lens holding apparatus like that, very cool!
I just bought a Siriu T05 carbon fiber tripod, which will have no trouble to hold my Contax G lenses, but would not hold up to some of the monsters you have there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really nice shot of the berries, that G lens is as I would have expected - excellent, very sharp, very nice colours, lovely.

I'm lucky like uhoh and I live in the mtns. I've found shooting at infinity can be beyond the capabilities of many lenses, but I do have some that shine when used to shoot distant mtn scenes and they weren't all that expensive.

This is the Topcon RE Auto Topcor 5.6/200. A very small and light lens for 200mm length and works beautifully on my NEX, I paid about 100USD:

This is my RE Auto Topcor 3.5/135, laser sharp and very contrasty, I got it cheap, only 40USD:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shoots , very clear bright pictures Ian.