Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Inexpensive but compact all-purpose lens for NEX?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harry tibi wrote:

Ah, there it is. Forgot how to upload a picture.

BEHOLD... THE SINGULARITY!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good that I've checked wiki and found out that Pentax 110 has no aperture control.

P.S. I have CZJ Tessar 50/2.8 M42. A colleague ofered me to exchange it to Leica lens(he does not remembers the name but he said it is 35mm and for M39 mount). He'll bring the lens tomorrow, so let's see.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuriousOne wrote:
Good that I've checked wiki and found out that Pentax 110 has no aperture control.

well, it was also on my post Wink .

I wish also to remember your requirements that led me suggest a I-69 or some disposable camera lens:
CuriousOne wrote:
Inexpensive - I mean bargain ,old school, one that can be found at pawn shop and so on. Less than $50. Preferably, better than $10 Smile For "serious" shooting, I have native lens, so I'm looking for tiny, inexpensive, trashy lens.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuriousOne wrote:
P.S. I have CZJ Tessar 50/2.8 M42. A colleague offered me to exchange it to Leica lens(he does not remembers the name but he said it is 35mm and for M39 mount).

If it's an original Leica, you definitely got the better end of that deal...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 69 and I 22 already got for almost nothing and are on their way. Also Got I50Y - enlarge lens, and despite ugly shape, it performs quite good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuriousOne wrote:
I 69 and I 22 already got for almost nothing and are on their way. Also Got I50Y - enlarge lens, and despite ugly shape, it performs quite good.

for the I-69, remember you have to shorten an adapter (I bought one attached to its camera, and used the camera mount instead of the internal ring of the adapter). It is worst than the 22, but... tiny and right focal length for all purposes. Another one I badly adapted is the 40/2.8 from a Ricoh rangefinder, but overall size is slightly more.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but a very cheap lens with a good reputation that is also quite small is the Industar 50-2.
It can be had in silver as well as black and is a 3.5/50mm lens - a tessar copy in M42.
Can usually be found for $10+
OH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but a very cheap lens with a good reputation that is also quite small is the Industar 50-2.
It can be had in silver as well as black and is a 3.5/50mm lens - a tessar copy in M42.
Can usually be found for $10+
OH

The M42 is small but you need a big adapter, the M39 version just has the adapter built in.

Here's a good comparison:
http://forum.mflenses.com/industar-50-5cm-red-p-f3-5-leica-screw-l39-sony-nex-m39-t39927.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got Industar i61/LD.

Works OK, but it's screw mount is wobbling. 3 screws are tightened, but mount itself still moves back and forward.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also, it does not looks that "compact" as I'd like it to be

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be a good lens.
Just for comparison here is the Industar 50-2 - yes I realise it is M42 and would need adapter but here it is anyway.
OH