Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar-69 2.8/28 Chaika lens on a Canon EOS 650d body?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Industar-69 2.8/28 Chaika lens on a Canon EOS 650d body? Reply with quote

Hi all. I recently picked up an Industar-69 lens at a local flea-market very cheap as I'd read somewhere it could be used with my EOS body (with a bit of tinkering). It's a potentially great compact pancake lens so got it on a whim.

I ordered an M39-EOS adapter and hoped for the best - but unfortunately focus is limited to around 3" from the lens, so macro only. There are loads of articles online regarding filing the internals down in order to achieve infinity focussing, but I'm wondering whether I'll get full focal range on it, or whether it'll be fixed at infinity focal length?

There's also talk of using an M39-42 plus M42-EOS adapters in order to increase the distance between the rear of the lens and the 'film-plane' as a way to make this half-frame lens work on a modern DSLR... but can't find out whether this actually works or not!

I'd love to be able to use this lens for street photography etc, if anyone knows a tried and tested method of getting it to work I'd love to hear about it (but if it definitely won't work I'll save it for my Pentax S3).

Thanks in advance, Lee.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is around 12mm difference between the register (ffd) of the Chaika and the Canon cameras. The difference is too extreme to mod it for use on the Canon. Same with your Pentax S3 - even more so as the ffd is even longer than the Canon. You are stuck with macro.

The lens can be modded to work on an LTM adaptor for mirrorless - for which it's perfect.

This lens is perfect for Mirrorless

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thanks for clarifying. Oh well it was worth a punt.

I'm not planning on going mirrorless any time soon, so I'll probably pass it on. I can't post in the classifieds as I'm a new member, but if anyone is interested in it you can PM me and we can sort something out (otherwise it'll go on ebay in a week or so).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to help.

In addition the lens would not cover the full frame on your Pentax - it is designed for half frame only remember.