Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 61LZ a7ii
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Industar 61LZ a7ii Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I should take mine outside again, thanks for reminding me!
It's the only relatively compact macro-lens that I have, so no excuse to leave it in the drawer Idea

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Chris, as usual! Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak.. many thanks.I have many macro lenses and accessories but the 61LZ always suprises me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Edgar...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sertgum....thanks,

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple more,,,,,,

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Sjak.. many thanks.I have many macro lenses and accessories but the 61LZ always suprises me.
It depends a bit on the use I guess.

For product pics (e.g. for sales ads) I prefer the Volna-9. But that is also more "clinical", so not my 1st choice for flowers. The 61LZ has a bit wilder character. Both have the star shaped bokeh btw, a nice detail.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 very nice Chris!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took mine out for a stroll tonight.... somehow I only used it indoors, where the lens is not really in its element. Camera-jpgs, just resized for internet viewing.

I will take this out more often for sure!

*edit* pics made with Fuji X-T1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a passing question ... are the Industar 61 L/Z lenses you guys using actual native macro lenses or are they "ordinary" SLR (Zenit?) lenses used with an extension tube? If the latter, does anyone have a direct comparison of the Industar 61 L/Z and an "ordinary" Industar 61 from the FED rangefinder cameras?

I've been fascinated by the concept of the "Lanthanum glass" since I saw it mentioned in a Russian camera catalogue in the 1960's, but I only ever acquired the N-61 and will admit to not having used it very much Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Industar 61 L/Z and the rangefinder Industar 61 are very different lenses. The rangefinder I-61 is a pretty unremarkable lens; not bad but not outstanding in any way; its greatest quality is the low price, and by extension, the excellent quality-per-currency-ratio.

The L/Z is a 1:2 macro lens. I use it in combination with a helicoid adapter, so I can close in even more (this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/M42-FX-Pixco-mount-adapter-with-helicoid-M42-lens-for-Fuji-film-X-mount-adapter/123237942876?hash=item1cb18dc65c:g:k10AAOSwr8xZ5bw6 )

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
The Industar 61 L/Z and the rangefinder Industar 61 are very different lenses. The rangefinder I-61 is a pretty unremarkable lens; not bad but not outstanding in any way; its greatest quality is the low price, and by extension, the excellent quality-per-currency-ratio.

The L/Z is a 1:2 macro lens. I use it in combination with a helicoid adapter, so I can close in even more (this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/M42-FX-Pixco-mount-adapter-with-helicoid-M42-lens-for-Fuji-film-X-mount-adapter/123237942876?hash=item1cb18dc65c:g:k10AAOSwr8xZ5bw6 )

Very many thanks for the prompt, concise and detailed reply. This answers all my questions Smile