Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar-58U 75mm/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Industar-58U 75mm/3.5 Reply with quote

Hi,
do you know what filter thread this lens has? My copy comes without the hood as shown on Pierre's website:
http://pierretizien-photos.blogspot.com/p/industar-58u.html

To shoot without lens hood is very hard so I thought to screw one on it.

Thanks and regards.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is your lens? Can you show a photo? Maybe my question will looks weird, but can't you just measure the filter thread on your lens?
There are many variation of the Industar-58U, so it's impossible to give you an answer without photo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it is tessar type?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
How is your lens? Can you show a photo? Maybe my question will looks weird, but can't you just measure the filter thread on your lens?
There are many variation of the Industar-58U, so it's impossible to give you an answer without photo.

Here a couple of pictures, it looks like the one in the video, just without the lens hood or whatever is in front of the lens:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like your one simply doesn't have filter thread. In factit looks like to be most of time like that with enlarger lenses (and it is logical).

Look at this photo, it looks pretty obvious (photohistory) :

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
It looks like your one simply doesn't have filter thread. In factit looks like to be most of time like that with enlarger lenses (and it is logical).

Look at this photo, it looks pretty obvious (photohistory) :

Gaffer tape will do the job Smile