Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 50/3.5 lens......$15
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Industar 50/3.5 lens......$15 Reply with quote

Above price included shipping! When it arrived, I thought I'd done another
Exakta episode, the lens looked so tiny, but miraculously, it fits:

The funky pictures above were taken with this 1998 Agfa 1.2MP camera:

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an M42 lens and very good quality, this is THE PANCAKE Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand, you have attached the Industar to a compact point-and-shoot? Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You E-300 looks like a compact bridge that way ! Very Happy

This is another lens on my wishlist, event if I don't really have any use for it... kinda great little toy !!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I don't understand, you have attached the Industar to a compact point-and-shoot? Shocked

Orio, please, deep respirations, the lens is on my Oly DSLR... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Orio wrote:

Orio, please, deep respirations, the lens is on my Oly DSLR... Laughing

Nah, it can't be a mirror camera, I mean, where's the pentaprism?
_

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand, the pictures of Oly+Pancake Industar were taken with the AGFA p&s camera.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
...where's the pentaprism?
_

Oly 300,330 , Lumix L1 an Leica 3 Digilux have this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porro-Abbe_prism

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
Orio wrote:
...where's the pentaprism?
_

Oly 300,330 , Lumix L1 an Leica 3 Digilux have this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porro-Abbe_prism

Ok, but this structure must take some physical space, it's still a prism after all, it needs a vertical structure. On that camera I see the flash lodging and it's almost on the same level as the top of the lens, so, where's the prism? Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Ok, but this structure must take some physical space, it's still a prism after all, it needs a vertical structure.

Check this out :

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse300/

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sideways prism.
Now that's stunning solution.
I was really shocked, I mean where the **** could the prism be?
All my knowledge of reflex cameras, painfully accumulated over the years, was challenged by what I saw. Well, at least I see now that I had some real reason to be astonished!!
Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people hate the looks of the "flat top" but I think it looks cool! Here
are some quick and dirty pics taken with this lens towards dusk:

first one wide open:

cat at f4.2 approximately:

and at f7.6 approximately:

I didn't do a lot of fussy processing with these, just auto-this and auto-that! Wink

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the first picture with that little lens on the e300, I have to
apologize to Orio---it does look like a point and shoot! Rolling Eyes

Makes for a trim, lightweight kit to pack around, though.

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pics are awesome! Especially #2 - the cat. Hard to believe that such a little lens can do that

patrickh

Last edited by patrickh on Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Patrick! I'm quite pleased with this little lens. I was pretty tired
coming home from work, hope to do some more pics this weekend. I
also had in the mail, another Olympus 35RC for $25, postage included.
I think I have enough of those, now. LOL

The lens, doesn't win any awards for bokeh, but seems to be pretty
sharp.

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one from Attila that I hope to try out in the next couple of days. After seeing your results it has become a priority

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Native M42 threads? Reply with quote

Is this len's mount a native M42 originally for M42 cameras?
I have a Mir w/a which is a M39 for the M39 soviet slrs.
I bought a 39-42 thread adaptor to mount the lens on my E1.

John

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it has M42 native mount.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens. I got mine onto the front of my Samsung GX-1L this morning.
It's autumn here in the UK...
[img]http://djn.fotopic.net/p46356488.html[/img]

http://djn.fotopic.net/c1400428.html

One interesting point - I seem to have to add an extra stop to what the camera thinks. Maybe not to do with this particular lens, but more the way the Samsung GX-1L works.

DavidN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you in Wales, David? I seem to remember the name of your city as being in Wales (but maybe I am wrong, don't know much the geography of the UK).

-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here David!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, Greetings from the US - Orio, Wrexham is a beautiful part of the UK just inside Wales, and not too far from the Liverpool/Manchester complex. Lovely shots of your neighborhood David. It is not unusual for a digital camera to underexpose slightly, and if it is constant it can be corrected by an EV adjustment in the master menu. With RAW and a decent processor, it's really not a problem. I love the results I have been getting from my little Industar, the colour saturation is fabulous.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidN wrote:

One interesting point - I seem to have to add an extra stop to what the camera thinks. Maybe not to do with this particular lens, but more the way the Samsung GX-1L works.

DavidN

My Pentax K100D does the same. I don't know about other dSLRs but Pentax ones, when a M42 lens is mounted, underexpose with about 1 stop. With a native K Pentax lens it seems to work ok.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Are you in Wales, David? I seem to remember the name of your city as being in Wales (but maybe I am wrong, don't know much the geography of the UK).

-

Wrexham is in north-east Wales - the largest conurbation in North Wales. In fact it's on the 'England' side of the hills. In the 'big picture' of the UK, we're SSW of Liverpool (about 50km I think). The Borough includes Wales's largest village (Rhosllanerchrugog) and Wales's highest village (Bwlchgwyn). [Both of these are contested, of course!]
In former years it had coal and steel industries - lots of industrial heritage. I sounds as though there's a lot to photograph, but when you live in a place, I guess you tend to take it for granted Embarassed I'd better do something about that, I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I sounds as though there's a lot to photograph, but when you live in a place, I guess you tend to take it for granted

Hah! Ain't that the truth.
When I picked up a digicam I was taken by the ability to shoot off hundreds of images for apparently no cost, then I thought about where... took me a while to realise that all around me is some of the best scenery in Europe, but I was so used to it, it didn't register that others may find it interesting.
As of late I've been driving around and thinking photographically and realising that many of the of the scenes I see simply wouldn't turn out all that well on a digicam - there's still a way to go yet, but it's (and I) getting there.