Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar-50 3.5 5cm - film lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Industar-50 3.5 5cm - film lens? Reply with quote

Anyone here to identify that little lens?

Just brought that (a similar one) back from a camera fair...

Well, it seems to be for a Kiev-16 film camera. Any idea what it's register is? The thread mount is 27mm diameter...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exact . Rafcamera is selling a copy and describe it as a lens for Kiev-16 movie camera.
The first type was a copy of a Bell&Howell magazine Movie camera
http://www.xs4all.nl/~wichm/kievc3.jpg
http://www.ussrphoto.com/wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=62&ParentID=58&ContentID=514

http://rafcamera.com/industar50-lens-for-kiev16-camera-3550mm-coated-p-670.html

oops ! same picture ? Wink

It is possible that the register is close to the C mount, but Luiz Paracampo describes the mount "different".
I have a Bell&Howell 200 magazine with TTH and angnieux lenses , in C mount.

Last edited by Helios on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(sorry, yes, I took Rafaels picture... Embarassed )

No, it is NOT c-mount which is 25.4mm thread, that one is 27mm and the register is also VERY different
- this is why I asked....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Klaus, Ok, sometimes people make false measurements with their old wood school rules Smile , 25,4 -> 27mm , but I knew it was impossible to make this kind of mistake for you , Klaus ! The only website which could gave the information was closed with Yahoo geocities (russiancamera) . I'll try the wayback machine...

Last edited by Helios on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Helios,

that's very kind of you!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, it was not so difficult for me to guess that you can use a comfortable metrology "environment" , wasn't it ? Very Happy

I have a basic gear of measuring tools (callipers, micrometers (digital and analogic)) , thread gauges sets (imperial, metric) , and it is almost enough to measure anything on lenses ...
An empirical method with a bellows , DIY mount (body cap ) , and hacked focusing screen, is able to give a 1/10mm precision measure of the register (depthcalliper), however. I made it for a meniscus lens ...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this thing seems to be no more than a classic SLR Industar 50/3.5 with an extension ring, I think it is possible to calculate the register with the length of the extention tube compared to the lens for M42 mount Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right ! It is perhaps the same kind of mount than ltm-39 I-50, which is a m-39 I-50 (zenit) with an extension tube (with focusing transmission , however) , but the picture dont show us an extension at the rear ....