Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar-50 3.5/50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Industar 50s. I have my 4th one on the way; an Industar 50-2 in Leica Thread Mount (I didn't know they existed). This will keep my other 3 Industars: 5cm, 50 & 50-2 company.

The 50-2 is the sharpest, they get softer as they get older and vignette a bit. At least in my experience.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how do we know the older ones from the new ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

Well, the serial number is the first clue. Smile

The first silver versions had M39 mount for early Zenit and Krystal SLRs, and with an extension tube for RF cameras.
There were maybe some black M39 variants.
The I-50-2 in black is the version for later M42 Zenit cameras. This has a larger filter thread.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Well, the serial number is the first clue. Smile

The first silver versions had M39 mount for early Zenit and Krystal SLRs, and with an extension tube for RF cameras.
There were maybe some black M39 variants.
The I-50-2 in black is the version for later M42 Zenit cameras. This has a larger filter thread.

Oldest ones are labeled in cm scale 5cm and if you are lucky with RED P , means coated and they have silver finish, made for M39 SLR and RF cameras both. SLR is small pancake, RF lens is like SLR lens+extension tube. My latest M42 copies are perform better than either early SLR or RF lens.

Quote:
Well, the serial number is the first clue

Usual but not always , some serial not start with years. like 00 and 9xx I have one early lens started with 9xx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

The russian lenses' serial numbers generally begin by their production year.
In my case, it was produced in 1968.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few shots I took in 1967-69 on Kodachrome II using the Zenit 3m with the M39 silver I-50, the one I traded in!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Peter !
If it is an Opel Commodore in the first photo, with an Anglia in the back, it's another coincidence as my parents had an Opel Commodore and an Anglia in 1968... Very Happy
If it is an Opel Rekord, it was my father's previous car.

The Commodore was of a beautiful pale metal green with leather and a black "moleskine" roof. 6 cylinders in line. My father kept it 15 years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's got to be after August 1968 Peter, the Cortina's reg is from then to July 1969. Nice car, a 1600E ?

I've got my Indy on the desk, it's a later - 1973 from the 7356052 serial number - all black M42 version. It's been on the Praktica MTL50 for a long time, it needs some exercise on the K10 tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

The russian lenses' serial numbers generally begin by their production year.
In my case, it was produced in 1968.

Metoo my lens starts N68###

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Hey, Peter !
If it is an Opel Commodore in the first photo, with an Anglia in the back, it's another coincidence as my parents had an Opel Commodore and an Anglia in 1968... Very Happy
If it is an Opel Rekord, it was my father's previous car.

The Commodore was of a beautiful pale metal green with leather and a black "moleskine" roof. 6 cylinders in line. My father kept it 15 years.

Sorry to disappoint you Olivier! The car in front is my father's Ford Cortina Mk II 1600E. That car was beautiful for its time, he only let me drive it once! It was very quiet and felt very powerful to me - I could hear the clock ticking! The Anglia 105E at the back was my own car, my first. It's a 1962 model and I bought it in 1966 and kept it until 1971.

Lloydy, the picture of the cars was taken in late 1969 according to the slide. The one of Edinburgh and Derwent Water were in 1968 and the Clematis was in 1967. The drag and drop thingy uploaded them in reverse order! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got this lens! Wau!

It's sharp!

Here few macros, taken with extension tube:

It's so small and cost just 12€.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Päivää, mikkokan!
Yes, I agree with you: it is a very fine, small lens.
Your copy is nicer than mine: yours has Cyrillic letters, mine has Western letters.
I have just lubricated my copy, and I have managed to get the focus ring quite smooth.
The aperture ring is a little too stiff, though, because I do not understand how to
dis-assemble it Rolling Eyes

Please tell me (if I manage to get this right in English):
a) Set the aperture to 8. Change focus. Is the aperture still at 8?
b) Set focus to 3 meters. Change aperture. Is focus still at 3 meters?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these little pancake lenses. Great quality, super cheap, what else can you ask?

One thing though. From my personal experience I can suggest, when doing a full CLA of this lens try to remove every single bit of old lubricant from the aperture part and do not apply new one. This this might help you to move the aperture ring without moving the focus ring. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There can't be enough threads ringing praise to these little beauties. Great Tessar copy after all. Just don't tell too many ppl so prices don't end up like Helios's on ebay Razz

I use one in M39 on my Zorki 4 and M42 on the K10d. Passing them on to my children in my will I am Razz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh --just got one of these this morning, from a seller in Moscow

silver, Cyrillic lettering, red P, number starts with 59, seller CLA'd, M39 fitting

takes a little getting used to operating but seems well sharp wide open

hes got at least 10 more at the same price

i paid about 20gbp + 10gbp for shipping from this pic, not the copy i recieved but looks the same

far better than the collapsible Industar-22 i got from a seller in Lithuania which arrived without its front element [!]