Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 50-2 and its wandering aperture ring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Industar 50-2 and its wandering aperture ring Reply with quote

Got myself an Industar 50-2. What a nice little lens! But now I noticed that the white dot indicating the aperture value is somewhat misplaced. The aperture in the attached photo should be f3.5. It worked like it should last time I used it. Any idea what's going on? How to fix it?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spy a set screw next to the dot. There are probably 2 more set screws. May be as simple as loosening those, turn the ring to proper position, retighten.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
I spy a set screw next to the dot. There are probably 2 more set screws.

There's only that one. After a closer inspection I'm not sure if it's even a screw. Very Happy See, there's nothing visible on the opposite side, in the filter threads.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote

Okay, solved, I loosened the ring around the back element, with two holes in it. After that I rotated the aperture ring's white dot in position and then tightened the ring in the back.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Congrats Like 1