Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar-22 5cm F3.5 Red P - Leica Elmar clone
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Industar-22 5cm F3.5 Red P - Leica Elmar clone Reply with quote

All images captured in RAW , before convert to JPG contrast, sharpness adjusted. Images taken with Panasonic G1 in film mode, Dyn+

Hi-res images are here

Wide open

All other images captured at F8.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good. That's the collapsible design right?
i have one too but mine is Industar 50. Not bad lens - a little bit cumbersome to use but good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
Looks very good. That's the collapsible design right?
i have one too but mine is Industar 50. Not bad lens - a little bit cumbersome to use but good.

Yes, collapsible. Look Red Army Laughing early Russian lenses marked with RED P and focal length in cm , lens made closer to ww2 as possible. You will wont disappointed especially if PP images well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive! I owned a collapsible Elmar 5cm f/3.5 with adapter that I used on a Leica M3 and I must say that that old Elmar was one of the sharpest lenses I've ever used. And this Industar of yours looks awfully close (I just finished looking at the full size images).

Did they build any 35mm focal length lenses by any chance? Any chance that they might be cheaper than the Canons and others that seem to go for way too much these days?

Overall, I'm happy with my Serenar 50/1.8 for my Canon RF, but I'd really like to get at least a 35mm for it one of these days. One that won't cost me more than the camera did. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to hear from an Elmar owner this lens is close for that.
Russian RF lenses are dirt cheap 20-50 USD only.

They made Jupiter-12 35mm lenses Zeiss Biogon copy, also look for oldest one what is possible I have two of them 3,5cm RED P lenses both are very sharp , outstanding lenses. It is go deep into camera body, not usable on digital.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on the Red P 3.5cm Jupiters, Attila. I think that's what I should plan on getting next for my IIIa.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those images have great character. This is why I shoot with Russian.

cooltouch wrote:
Thanks for the info on the Red P 3.5cm Jupiters, Attila. I think that's what I should plan on getting next for my IIIa.

Ah yes, the Leica IIIa which was a copy of the FED2. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, not a Leica, although I've owned a IIIa Leica before, and it was a sweet little camera.

Mine is a Canon IIIa rangefinder. Basically identical to the ubiquitous IVsb, but without the flash rail on the side.