Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

India / Lakshadweep islands - 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: India / Lakshadweep islands - 2012 Reply with quote

I visited India again and included Lakshadweep islands also on my trip. Getting permit was a bit difficult to enter the islands but I managed to get it for my wife & our friend.

Here are some photos from the island.
Lenses used: Nikon 50/1.4 non-ai, Olympus OM 28/2 (this has a bit too big sun shade)
Those where the only lenses I carried with me.

Last edited by tanheis on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a very pretty and exotic place. Are the locals welcoming? They kind of look a bit crossed? Could be just a cultural thing. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Looks like a very pretty and exotic place. Are the locals welcoming? They kind of look a bit crossed? Could be just a cultural thing. Confused

Some are happy to have people there some don't.
After all it's a muslim territory and the thing is there are older more strict ones who do not want anyone outside to the island.
Then there are younger ones who want to see other people and people also bring money.
There is some sort of collision with strict and open people.
Younger people are very open and happy Smile

There won't be any sort of tourist boom later either because nobody will get a permit without booked place to stay and there isn't too many places to have people there. That's a good thing so it will stay more quiet.

There was maybe 5 other foreigners on the island other than us (if we do not count some indian tourists)
Indians also need the permit as other foreigners.

More pics

These are our younger friends from the island who belong to CPI (communist party India)
They are the one who play the game in earlier photos.

These are taken with compact camera + waterproof case

Many of the pople have lived their whole life on those islands and have not ever been in mainland of India.
They even asked: Which island do you come from Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful work, especially candids with such a big camera!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tanheis,

Incredible. Thanks for sharing your experience.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the beach shots, looks perfect!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, little paradise!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series, I love all the people's photos.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boys just finishing their football game because sun is going down.

More beaches. This another is north side called lagoon beach. The water was in differend color as it changes depending of the area in the atoll.

Friend going to the sea. Where the sea turns blue the coral starts. We where snorkeling there too.
Can see the sandy bottom of the sea very well and it gets deep very quick. Wonderful place!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow this is a stunning series!
my fave is the man working with the reeds ...

Cheers
TObias

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an amazing place, great reportage, I like also a lot the people's pictures but the blue/green color of the sea is also a real pleasure for the eyes Very Happy ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful series. I just love them. What a beautiful place. Too bad everyone wasn't friendly!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Wonderful series. I just love them. What a beautiful place. Too bad everyone wasn't friendly!!!

Yes maybe they think it bring change to wrong way. (alcohol & improper acts)
I wouldn't like to change their life and as for tourists I don't want them to build more hotels / resorts there.
There is just 2 on the island which where empty because there was some sort of court case going on with them.

The island would be ruined if there would be many hotels & tourists. Now you can just go there and see islanders normal life there without disturbing it.

I think the beaches and corals next to the sandy beaches would be ruined too if mass tourism would go there but it isn't the case because there would not be place to stay for masses.

I stayed in home stay (top floor in a house) and it was nice room where was beds for 6 people (there was 3 of us)
2 bathrooms and dining table air-conditioning & satellite tv.
They asked which time we like to eat and brought the food to the room.
We rented bicycles from a bicycle workshop. Either by walking or with bicycles we moved on the island (clean and relaxing way to move) Razz