Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Impulse buy, info welcome.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks sharp from wide open with distinct character, bokeh and look of film colors

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
looks sharp from wide open with distinct character, bokeh and look of film colors

True, it also shows almost no distortion - being a non-retrofocus wide helps for this - and it is a perfect match in size and weight for my nex.
Now I need to try it on the field, to see if I can get the results I'm expecting.
Anyway, the feel after the first few pics is extremely positive.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A brief update about the adapter, in case anybody needs info.
I just received a roxsen one bought on ebay: It was specifically listed as for Nikon S, and the adapter is self is labeled as AI(S)-NEX (?).
However, this one allows the lens to focus slightly past infinity at all apertures, while with the one made from a kiev camera I could reach infinity with my nikkor only from f5.6 on (no big deal, actually). All my other contax rf lenses reach perfect infinity at all apertures on the adapters made from the kiev camera, so it's possible that there actually is a very small difference in register distance between the nikon and the contax versions of this mount.
Apart from that, the adapter from roxsen is not that good: lenses are a bit wobbly when mounted, while they are perfectly firm with my other adapter. Oh, and you can't mount inner mount lenses on it. It also doesn't look as good as the other one.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:

+1 Very Happy

Looks sharp!

I use this "poor mans" alternative (of course finding a nex adapter was a challenge). I think it is the same formula:

P.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
kuuan wrote:

+1 Very Happy

Looks sharp!

I use this "poor mans" alternative (of course finding a nex adapter was a challenge). I think it is the same formula:

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20145/big_1817_Capture_1.jpg][/url

P.

Yes, i too read that the lens is the same as the nikonos version. IIRC I saw a pictureof the optical block of that lens mounted on nex using the vnex system

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything... great lens and price.nice pics, I tweaked them a bit ,hope you don't mind.Regards.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kryss.
Obviously I don't mind, I always like seeing alternative edits of my shots, it is a great source of inspiration and learning.
I especially like the third one, that punchier looks works well on that image.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything.... I agree,pseudo 3D look giving depth.