Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Impression of the 400mm Enna Tele-Ennalyt on FF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Impression of the 400mm Enna Tele-Ennalyt on FF Reply with quote

I have had this lens for a while, but I seldom use it as its MF, built like a tank and weighs like one. (2kg)
On APS-C, I find that its a bit too long for people shots, easily having to stand 8m just for a head shot.
Recently, I mounted it on my 5D and I do think the working distance is better.

Still a beast to use handheld in good light.
At ISO200 and f5.6, the shutter speed was often still on the lowish 1/100-1/200 in the open shade.
Focusing is like fighting with a beast too, since its heavy and many turns are needed to get from long to near focus.
The 14 bladed aperture certainly does quite well for the bokeh.

Overall, I think I do like what it gives me on FF, but running around with a big club taking photos of the kids around the neighbourhood is certainly a bit odd.... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shots

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those examples look really nice!! Which version of the lens is it? I remember having a plastic 240mm Tele-Ennalyt, but that wasn't that good.... not even close i might say!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, must be the zebra full metal version! But 2 kilos? Then it must be one of the long tele lenses (400mm)??
(I corrected the name...)

Last edited by kds315* on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely quality, quite impressive.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rendering and 2nd shot is just amazing with a lovely model Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd one wins for me for capturing moment of focus of the child and movement of soap bubbles Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely images Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Impression of the Enna Tele-Ennalyt on FF Reply with quote

Beautifull pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, this is the 400mm f4.5.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb result, I guess this is Zebra lens, those are very good from Enna.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Superb result, I guess this is Zebra lens, those are very good from Enna.

Thanks.
Yes, its a 'Zebra' lens.

Too bad its quite a beast to use regularly. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good captures.
400mm 4.5 is both big and heavy, but you should use it more.
2kg i about my limit as well. Very nice.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this review that will help me, 7 years later, to make a choice.

Not bad for the age of this lens but many CA over the pink girl's shoulder and in her hair : I will rather go for a Canon FD 400 mm F/4.5 which is said to be better and 1300 grams only.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chess wrote:
Thank you for this review that will help me, 7 years later, to make a choice.

Not bad for the age of this lens but many CA over the pink girl's shoulder and in her hair : I will rather go for a Canon FD 400 mm F/4.5 which is said to be better and 1300 grams only.

I have not used both lenses side-by-side, but i have used both lenses. I would says that both lenses have a lot of CAs. Not sure if the Canon is much better on this regard. The Canon certainly is much sharper over the entire field (on 24 MP FF), no wonder since it's a much more modern design. And, of course, it's much lighter, and easier to focus.

S