Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Impossible 8x10
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Impossible 8x10 Reply with quote

nice but damn expensivae

https://shop.the-impossible-project.com/shop/film/8x10inch/fi_8x10_1_imp_3_mum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a demonstration of a 20x16 inch Polaroid film once and there was applause lasting several minutes when the print was peeled off - it was so awesome (in the British sense). This appears to have the neg like the old 105 film. But slower. I think it will be a success. I wish I could use it now. Fantastic. The Impossible Project have come up with a good 'un!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm paying attention to these guys there is quite some time, once they have scale of production and drop a bit their prices they will explode in sales.

Renato

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOOOOOOOOOOO! I thought their standard SX-70 film was spendy.

I'm still waiting for New55 4X5 since IP seems not to have developed a 4X5 product.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh...the biggest medium format i have had known was 6x9....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8x10 Polaroids were always expensive anyway. Pro-rata, a 10pack of 4x5 would be around €40, not allowing for packaging, and as has been said, some economies of scale would kick in sooner or later if they want to gain and keep some market share. There are thousands of 4x5 Polaroid holders on shelves all over the world. I have two of them here, just waiting...
Not that I'll be a regular user, but just for the sheer insanity of blowing forty bucks on ten/// eight exposures.

New55 are steaming along...
http://new55project.blogspot.ie/