Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IMOHO - Samsung NX EVF Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: IMOHO - Samsung NX EVF Review Reply with quote

I have received my used NX10 body from e*ay. I already have two NX100's.

Yesterday I went, with my Wife, to the 9/11 Memorial in NYC. The Memorial is well worth the trip - very mixed emotions upon viewing.

Back to the camera. It behaved very well. The viewfinder is pretty much the same as the add on EVF mentioned above. I would place it at the 'quite poor for manual focus' and 'very good for framing the shots'. In other words, at my age of 65+ after cataract surgery, the Samsung NX10 and NX100 are exceptionally well versed for autofocus, especially with the 20-50mm lens. Add on Noise Ninja and the results are fantastic.

Thus, if you are young and/or have perfect eyesight - stick with a manual focus DSLR with a real optical viewfinder. If you are long in the tooth, the Samsungs are perfect- small size and good results with auto focus. I will stay with my DSLR's and MF lenses on a tripod for the keepers and use the Samsungs for street shooting. I am on my way back to NYC in two weeks and street shooting, I will post images then, this trip was for the Memorial.

My personal definition of street shooting. People in the street are the main subject, not the buildings. The couple shots I tried on full auto were, of course, not well done. The AF went where it wanted. Next time I will have two bodies. The NX10 with the 18-55mm and an NX100 with a manual focus lens set for optimal DOF and focus.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: IMOHO - Samsung NX EVF Review Reply with quote

Actually the NX10 evf has double the resolution of the nx10's external vf. Smile Glad you like the nx10, it's a great camera.