Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I thought that Agfa was closed down...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: I thought that Agfa was closed down... Reply with quote

... so what it that?

http://www.agfaphoto.com/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AgfaPhoto Holding GmbH (= Ltd.)

AFAIK, they don't produce films any more.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
AgfaPhoto Holding GmbH (= Ltd.)

Any direct relation with the original company? Or did they buy the brand name?

LucisPictor wrote:
AFAIK, they don't produce films any more.

It seems you're wrong, look at the products, they have slides, color and B&W, although the professional line (the much beloved Ultra, Optima and Portrait negatives) was evidently discontinued.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Zur Photokina 2006 startete die AgfaPhoto Holding GmbH, Köln, mit der Lizenzierung von AgfaPhoto-Produkten, darunter Digitalkameras." (wikipedia.de)

>> They sell products with an AGFA licence.

As far as I know, AGFAPhoto will be split into three companies and then go public (stock market). Seems to be a rather complicated and obscure process, just like so often in international business...

----------------------------
The films are "distributed by Lupus", whatever that means...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a patchwork. I tried to understand the relations of the different Agfa companies, but even for me as native german speaker it's difficult Very Happy

I will try it:

The brand Agfa for cameras was sold to the manufacturer "Plawa" for digital point and shoot cameras.

For digital picture frames and printers the brand was licenced to Sagem.

The chemical division was bought by a&o-imaging (http://www.ao-imaging.com/) . They claim to produce chemicals for film and minilabs using old original agfa recipes.

For some inks, paper, photocutters and more the brand was licenced to 3T supplies.

The Minilab is now produced and serviced by the companies Saal GmbH and the related Minilab factory GmbH

The old brand sign is used for the independent company "Agfa-Gaevert" only. The are in the market for graphic systems and Health care.

So it's a mix of using the brand name for cheap digital toys without any relation to the old name and some companies which try to rescue some of the old products.

Michael