Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I should stop buying - possibly - maybe now I should
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: A quick test Reply with quote

Here it is, albeit not completely in focus, but it is difficult trying to hold a lens against a camera body that it isn't designed for and take a photo, I think the lens was pointed upwards slightly.

ISO 200, 1.80 sec, lens and camera separated

So if you have a micro 4/3 with the correct adapter or a camera that will use this lens, you have until Wednesday to go for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Oh well, no one wanted a Fujinon 135mm in Fuji mount Reply with quote

As no one wanted the EBC X-Fujinon-T 135mm 1:3.5 DM with the Fuji bayonet mount, it will now be going on ebay with a starting price of 5 UK pounds. If it doesn't sell, I notice one is listed for nearly £90, so this is a bargain.

If it doesn't sell, then I will either try and take it apart and clean it, try and adapt it to an M42 mount or take it apart and have fun with the coated lenses and make my own bellows lens.

I did also pick up on Sunday a Vivitar PK mount 2x22 adapter, and also a Hanimex 200mm F4.5 preset lens (which I can find little info on) in PK mount, I will get some photo's up of that one hopefully tonight.

As this was the first attempt to find something of interest for somebody on this forum, I will continue to look for items that may be of interest to people. Maybe next time I will be successful.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh well, no one wanted a Fujinon 135mm in Fuji mount Reply with quote

zelda_n64 wrote:
As no one wanted the EBC X-Fujinon-T 135mm 1:3.5 DM with the Fuji bayonet mount, it will now be going on ebay with a starting price of 5 UK pounds. If it doesn't sell, I notice one is listed for nearly £90, so this is a bargain.

If it doesn't sell, then I will either try and take it apart and clean it, try and adapt it to an M42 mount or take it apart and have fun with the coated lenses and make my own bellows lens.

I did also pick up on Sunday a Vivitar PK mount 2x22 adapter, and also a Hanimex 200mm F4.5 preset lens (which I can find little info on) in PK mount, I will get some photo's up of that one hopefully tonight.

As this was the first attempt to find something of interest for somebody on this forum, I will continue to look for items that may be of interest to people. Maybe next time I will be successful.

Kind of you to do this, but for me I have the same lens in M42 mount......now ATM if you have a Topcor lens you would be trampled over in the rush Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh well, no one wanted a Fujinon 135mm in Fuji mount Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
now ATM if you have a Topcor lens you would be trampled over in the rush Wink

I will keep my eye open for anything out of the ordinary inc. Jupiter & Topcor, if it is cheap and I happen to buy it and don't want it for myself, I will post it here.

It can't be guaranteed, but if you can give me some ideas of what you will be interested in, then I won't of course be wasting my precious little funds. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh well, no one wanted a Fujinon 135mm in Fuji mount Reply with quote

zelda_n64 wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
now ATM if you have a Topcor lens you would be trampled over in the rush Wink

I will keep my eye open for anything out of the ordinary inc. Jupiter & Topcor, if it is cheap and I happen to buy it and don't want it for myself, I will post it here.

It can't be guaranteed, but if you can give me some ideas of what you will be interested in, then I won't of course be wasting my precious little funds. Smile

Well I have a gap in my prime lenses of 80-100mm (just one EBC 100mm on an inconvenient Fuji mount), but would be surprised if you see many of them around.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Hanimex preset 200mm F4.5 in Pentax K mount Reply with quote

Another lens I purchased last Sunday (9th June), was this Hanimex 200mm F4.5 preset in Pentax K mount.

As of yet I have not tried the lens, but it would be nice to find out more about it. Once tested, I will of course post some photographs.

If you know the manufacturer, or can shed some more light on this lens, please let me know.

Photographs below are taken with the new addition Welmy 28mm 2.5, ISO 200, F16, flash, 1/160 sec

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Haminex looks a bit like the Soligor that I gave away to charity. Same focal length, aperture, and it's also preset. This lens also looks like it has an adapter screwed on the back. Mine was a T-mount and it had an M42 adapter screwed on.

The only difference is the paint colour on the numbering, layout of numbering, and the aperture ring.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh well, no one wanted a Fujinon 135mm in Fuji mount Reply with quote

As no one wanted the EBC X-Fujinon-T 135mm 1:3.5 DM with the Fuji bayonet mount, it is now on ebay with a starting price of 5 UK pounds as previously mentioned.

Guess which one is mine out of the 3.

1. Click here to see on Ebay
2. Click here to see on Ebay
3. Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you are going to sell yours, but *3 is hoping for a loser. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: To keep or not to keep! Reply with quote

Ventured to the city today, as my daughter wanted and needed some new clothes for a trip to the capital.

I did not want to go around all the clothes shops as it becomes extremely boring, and luckily a big sister came along, so that was sorted.

As I was browsing around the streets, I ventured into a camera shop, something I rarely do, and looking around the shelves and cabinets the lens below caught my eye.

A very nice looking Schneider - Kreuznach Retina-Tele-Xenar 135mm/f:4.

My conscience told me to buy it, my wallet said don't, as a battle ensued between my mind and my hand. Well my mind won and I walked away with this lovely looking lens.

Apologies for the quality of the photos, it appears I hadn't changed the settings from my night time photography tests the other day.

So it is for a Kodak, but I believe I can get an adapter for my Pentax, which is tempting.

The question is do I keep it and try it, or pass it along?

Last edited by zelda_n64 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what mount has the retina?
looks very nice.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: The Mount of the Schneider-Kreuznach Reply with quote

Searching the web, it appears the mount is a DKL (Deckel-bayonett), please however correct me if this is wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very good lens Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that lens fit my Kodak Retina IIc, I'd make you an offer, but sadly it doesn't. I believe that lens fits the Retina Reflex.

Guys, if you just do a search on eBay for these lenses, it isn't hard to figure out. Kodak made a 35mm, 50mm (f/2.8 ) and 80mm for the Retina IIc, IIC, IIIc, and IIIC. Kodak made a larger variety for the Retina Reflex. As near as I've been able to determine, there was a 28mm, 35mm, 50mm (in two versions), 85mm (or maybe 80mm?) and a 135mm for the Reflex. The Retina Reflex lenses include the Synchro Compur shutter. The lenses for the rangefinders are actually only the front elements, and include no shutter or aperture blades. Further, if you look at the mounts themselves, they are quite different. The mounts for the reflex look to be machined, whereas the ones for the rangefinders look to be stamped out of thinner sheet metal.

In psychology, there is what is known as the Principle of Intermittent Gratification. Back in the 50s, psychologists conducted tests on pigeons in a cage with a food dispenser. The dispenser could be set in one of three ways -- push the button and it always delivers food, push it and it never delivers food, and push it and sometimes (in a random manner) it will deliver food. It was determined that the latter was, by far, the most effective way to get the pigeons to peck away at the food button. I guess we humans aren't too different from pigeons in that regard.

Snagged from an internet blog, this defines it better than I could:

"Intermittent gratification is the most addictive kind there is. If you know the lever will always produce a pellet, you’ll push it only as often as you need a pellet. If you know it never produces a pellet, you’ll stop pushing. But if the lever sometimes produces a pellet and sometimes doesn’t, you’ll keep pushing forever, even if you have more than enough pellets (because what if there’s a dry run and you have no pellets at all?). It’s the motivation behind gambling, collectible cards, most video games, the Internet itself, and relationships with crazy people."

Snagged from this address:

http://reblog.ronenv.com/post/711528223/intermittent-gratification-is-the-most-addictive

Now, doesn't that describe many, if not most, of us, to a T? It completely explains the whole GAS business, and certainly explains why I own some 30 cameras and even more lenses, 7 motorcycles, probably 50 fountain pens, and 20 guitars. And hand tools. Let's not get started on tools, ok? And yet, I'm always looking for really good deals, not because I need these items, but just because I can't let them sit there if the price is too good. I'm not really one of the crazies, am I? If I am, I guess I'm in good company.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael's description sounds familiar Very Happy
I love the fountain pens part...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: After the excitement on Saturday, my Sunday find Reply with quote

I could have just laid in bed this morning, but the birds were singing - get up you lazy *******, maybe they weren't, but they were singing nonetheless.

So, off I went to my local haunt, weaving in and out of the throngs of bodies with sleepy dust still in their eyes.

Oh no, a man selling camera, avoid, no don't avoid, look, look, look. It is at times like these I can understand how Gollum feels, my precious.

We had a good chat, and yes, I was drawn into the temptation to make a purchase. Whether it was his salesmanship, or a force from the unknown, out came my wallet, and into the bag went:

Praktica MTL5 and a Soligor 35mm 1:3.5 preset lens for a whopping £6.00 ($9.13). The lens was actually attached to a Zenit E, but he allowed me to change camera bodies as I do not have this one.

The only reason I decided to buy, was purely to use this lens on my new little Pentax Q, using the M42 to Q adapter.

Do I like it, yes and well worth the money.

ISO 200, 1/40 sec, F11 (I think that was the fstop)

ISO 200, 1/125 sec, F8

I also purchased a really nice set of Hoya pop filters for a £1.00 ($1.5), which should give me hours of fun.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Yashinon D Mount lenses Reply with quote

Last Sunday I decided to venture out to my local boot sale and found a really nice Yashica 8 that looks like this

It came in the original Yashica 8 case with extras including 3 Yasinon D mount lenses:

6.5mm 1:1.4, 13mm 1:1.4 and a 38mm 1:1.4

Overall they are not in that bad a condition, all lenses are clean and fungus free, iris and focus is all smooth as it should be.

I ordered a D mount to Pentax Q adapter that turned up yesterday and the 6.5mm does show a small amount of vignetting around the edges although fades off when a photograph is taken the 13mm & 38mm show none.

For £10 for the lot my Pentax Q is very happy, actually I am too. I will post some sample pictures but forgot to bring the cable to work to hook up the Q so can't do that today.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: It's long, really long Reply with quote

Sunday, I did my usual and went to the bootsale here in the UK.

I wasn't expecting much as the weather was less than kind and after walking around I thought well today I only purchased peanuts. I just love peanuts dry roasted or salted but that is for another forum.

As I was walking around I spotted this lens case, a long lens case and headed straight for it, picking it up it felt empty but I proceeded to open the zipper. Luckily for me it wasn't full of springy snakes or a jack-in-the-box to scare the socks off of me and to my surprise there was a lens.

I asked the stall holder if they would haggle and after a laugh and some witty banter a deal was struck at £5.00 ($8.29 / 6.05 euro) for this beautiful 500m F8 Sunagor lens. It came with a T-OM mount so I will have to get a T-M42 mount so I can get snapping the moon with the Pentax Q, I may even try using it with a 2 or 3 times converter. Anyway a fiver well spent and I can't wait to try it out.

As we were leaving a regular came up to me and said he had some old manual lenses and can I go and have a look. I didn't purchase them but he had:

Vivitar series 1 70-210 in really nice condition (no caps)
Tokina zoom, can't remember the exact model, but it did have a red letter/symbol on the front
Konica Hexanon AR 50mm 1.7

He would have let me have them for £10 each, I told him not to sell them as I might be interested next week but I wasn't quite sure of the fittings on the Vivitar or Tokina - maybe next week I will bite.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

as a fellow pentax Q owner, that looks ridiculous Laughing Laughing Laughing

I love it. Twisted Evil

I imagine you will get an image 8 pixels square once you take the 8.5 crop factor into consideration? Razz

Wait lets see.. 500mm with 2 x tele converter..

8,500mm with a equal f strop of about f=136

You should be able to see to North Korea Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
Laughing Laughing

I love it. Twisted Evil

Thanks tromboads Laughing , it would be cool to take it out into the world, but probably will just use it in the garden for moon shots. I couldn't refuse it and I am surprised no one else picked it up and had a look inside the case.

I should have checked my mobile phone camera settings before I took the shots this morning.

Haha -
tromboads wrote:
You should be able to see to North Korea Laughing
I am looking forward to find out what I can see. Ordered an T - M42 adapter this morning, so hopefully it won't take too long to arrive, I will post the results.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
Laughing Laughing

I love it. Twisted Evil

+1 Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: My Q is in love Reply with quote

Today (17/4/14) my T2 - M42 adapter turned up and it's cloudy after nearly a whole week of clear skies. I may be lucky enough to grab a shot of the moon - the sole purpose of this lens.

But this pairing looks like a match made in heaven......

]

A quick shot of a chimney stack way over the other side of the cricket field, this was only to test the range of the lens not the fine tuning of the focus or aperture.

What I roughly see with my eyes:

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Sunny Sunday!! Reply with quote

Not been back long from a really long day out in the sun.

Today, we got to the carboot early, I had no intention of buying any lenses. But that went out of the window and I did.

It was busy, even in the summer I have never seen it that busy, the sun was out and everyone was in good spirits, buyers and sellers.

Anyway, my first purchase was the Ricoh KR-10 & lens (Pentax-M 50mm 1.7), this was the first ever film camera that I purchased myself (around 1985) and I really liked it as a teenager. I asked the seller how much, he said 'did you get it out of there' (a big box on the floor) and as had, I said yes. His response 'give us alf a quid'.

I looked at him stunned and gave him double his asking price (£1 ($1.69), said Thank you and off we went.

Nothing much else caught my eye until about half way round (we had already been there for 2 & a half hours) and I saw this whopping OK, I exaggerated, fairly big lens so I went to have a look. Whilst I was looking another caught my eye and I asked how much. The guy on the stall said make me an offer so I offered £5.00 (eight dollars . 44), he readily accepted, I said Thank you and as we were going to leave he said help yourself to something else. So I looked and then he said, 'take it all' I'm fed up of storing it.

I triple checked that he was being serious, and he was adamant that he just wanted rid of it all as it was taking up space and no one else had paid any attention to the stuff. He gave me some bags and helped me fill them. There was Brownies (twin & another type), lens hoods, caps, Praktica BMS body, some other bodies and additional lenses. I kept asking if he was sure but no he wanted rid of it all. I gave him another £1 ($1.69) as that was all I had in change. He refused it, so I gave it to his partner.

We shook hands, had a chat, thanked him and made our way.

Left to right:

Ricoh KR-10 c/w Pentax-M 50mm 1.7
Tamron 70-210 (looks like it will fit the Praktica BMS)
Sigma 70-210 (c/w removable mount to fit the BMS)
Soligor 350mm 5.6
Pentacon Prakticar 50mm 2.4
Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Oreston 1.8/50
Vivitar (Auto)135mm 3.5 (This is a strange shape, press a lock mechanism and the base falls out) has a manual dial that doesn't lock.

I haven't cleaned anything up yet but the Meyer & Pentax look to be in excellent/great condition, the Soligor has wear and all have dirty bodies which will need cleaning up. A good day today me thinks, and to top it off, I had an icecream... sherbert, nuts, sauce & 2 flakes Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic deals you got there! Smile
Those carboots are pretty good. Here in Hungary I haven't seen such bargains.
That ice cream is kind of surreal looking.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:

That ice cream is kind of surreal looking.

The sherbert was normally put into the bottom of a tub and last year I saw it and asked for some on my ice-cream, every time I have one now I have the same (and she remembers). The funny thing is, she now has them listed as a proper item on the side of the ice-cream van and people love them - plus I get mine at a discounted rate Very Happy

I just discovered in the pile of bits a B.D.D 49x.75/47 filter with a Hoya lens hood that fits the Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Oreston and it now looks sweet.