Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I need image stabilisation on nex...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: I need image stabilisation on nex... Reply with quote

...It's about my nex3...Sometimes I need stabilisation on it .I use it only with manual lenses ,I have some faster lenses ( 24/2,8 ,28/2 35/2 40/1,8 50/1,4 55/1,6 85/1,Cool for some situations ( most of them).
But for some indoor low light where tripod isn't allowed I feel that I would benefit more from more depth of field ( rather slower lenses,f4-5,6)and image stabilisation.What should I choose for a reasonable price and good image quality? AF , of course?
In fact , if my Oly would give me the good 3200 as my nex 3 I wouldn't bother.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony A7 MkII has image stabilization and is full frame and you get to use all your existing lenses. Win-win-win. Smile

Or you could wait a month or so for the rumoured A6xxx which will be cheaper and APS-C.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
Sony A7 MkII has image stabilization and is full frame and you get to use all your existing lenses. Win-win-win. Smile

Or you could wait a month or so for the rumoured A6xxx which will be cheaper and APS-C.

Hello, Miran !
Tempting camera , didn't knew it has IBIS ,a very useful feature Minolta heritage that Sony should never dumped .I am glad they changed their mind , but the price is over my money.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking more about a oss lens ...
Meanwhile ,from what I read it seems that for not-so-much money the 18-55 oss is better than the compact 16-50 oss to complement my nex 3. Judging after the lab results .

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 18-55 is the old kit lens, predecessor of 16-50. I have it and it's a typical kit lens. It's also quite big.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a Fuji X-E2 with 18-55/2.8-4 OIS instead Wink