Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I need help to disassemble an Helios-44
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: I need help to disassemble an Helios-44 Reply with quote

It's not the well known Helios 44-2, but the older Helios-44, 8 blades on the diaphragm:

As far as I know, for the disassembly instructions for the Helios 44-2 that peterqd sent me long ago, the disassembly should start as indicated:

But even doing a big pressure on top and trying to turn counterclockwise, the rubber tool doesn't moves the top.

Does anybody know if this Helios-44 is different from the Helios 44-2?
Am I wrong?
Any ideas to progress?.

Thanks in advance.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that you are trying to clean the glass?
I have one the same and removed the front ring with the helios name using a lens wrench
glass popped out and i cleaned it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
I assume that you are trying to clean the glass?
I have one the same and removed the front ring with the helios name using a lens wrench
glass popped out and i cleaned it

Thanks for your clue, but I want to relub the lens, so I need to get into the helicoid.

Both the front and the back lenses can be taken out without disassembling the whole lens, and this allows also for access to the upper side of the second groups.

Maybe it would be worth to take some shots and publish, I'll have also to clean the lenses...

Thanks again,

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link ...

http://forum.manualfocus.org/viewtopic.php?id=12363

... might give you a start. It describes how to convert a Helios 44-2 to Nikon F mount. It's not entirely clear, but the first step of removing the focusing ring allows you to see the helicoid.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
This link ...

http://forum.manualfocus.org/viewtopic.php?id=12363

... might give you a start. It describes how to convert a Helios 44-2 to Nikon F mount. It's not entirely clear, but the first step of removing the focusing ring allows you to see the helicoid.

Thanks for the link!. It makes more clear the issue... Smile
Keep trying.

Regards.
Jes.