Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I looking for small screws
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: I looking for small screws Reply with quote

I looking for small screws for friend of mine who would like to use them to restore an 500mm f4.5 Pentax lens.

diameter 1.5 mm length 2-3 mm
diameter 2 mm length 4-5 mm
diameter 3 mm length 10mm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check at the camera shop I work at. We have lots of tiny screws from non-working items that I have disected Twisted Evil
I will try to measure them but it may be easier just to send you a bunch and give it a go. May take a bit longer since would be coming from US. Let me know!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Measure is important , because if you send a bunch and I will not found any that would be wasted time and money. Many thanks for your help in advance!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check them tomorrow afternoon and let you know. Maybe we will get lucky!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still looking at the screws, I have MANY.....it may take me a bit to find the exact sizes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still havent found the right size yet, and still have hundreds of screws to look at. I will be at the store again this Saturday and should have plenty of time to filter through the rest.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, are these screws ISO or UTS standards relevant ? Often camera's screw are in the "fine" pitch range, in both systems . Can you measure the pitch ? Thanks , cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 7- 1.5mmX3mm and 4-2mmX6mm. I haven't found any 3mmX10mm yet. I wasn't sure if the 6mm length would work- you asked for 4-5mm long.

I will keep measuring as well. As far as thread goes, I couldn't tell you what they are- small but not fine thread and not big like wood screws.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys I will redirect my Romanian friend Claudiu here to answer these questions.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don`t have any luck model shops specializing in radio control cars are worth aa try for small fine pitched screws.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

I finally decided to register and post on this board. I visited it since last year but being an absolute beginner I prefered to take time to learn from this great information. I hope I can be useful to this community in a constructive way.

Briefly speaking, I own a Pentax K10D, some accessories(grip dbg2,fgz540) and a few manual focus lens. My practical experience is almost inexistent(I partially disassambled 2-3 lens to clean them up) but the enthusiasm drives me ahead.

As my friend Attila told you( I thank him for the help!) I bought an SMC Takumar 500mm 4.5 M42 mount from Ebay DE. In the advertisment it was presented like broken aperture and lens scratched. When I got it it prooved that apperture works perferct, the problem being a metal circle inside after 2nd front lens and it was floating and making contact with it. It prooved there were more marks than scratches after cleaning.

So, I dissasambled it(removed the screws with some electric screwdrive as screw heads were worn out - someone tried to do it before me Smile ). Now I have only to glue the disk and to put parts back and I was looking for the screws.

@shad309, those screws look promissing, maybe we could talk to see how to get them if still available.

I tried to find model shops here but in Romania they are hard to find. I'll keep looking more on Ebay.

@Helios, yes ISO spec screws look fine I'll try to find those and try them, if long I'll try to carefull shorten them.

Any suggestion might be helpful.

Thank you very much for the helping hand!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

claudiu, of course they are still available. I have several others which may or may not work. I will send the ones I have measured and sorted in marked packages of their own and send others just in case. It can be a little tricky and time consuming to go through all of them.
We can work out the details!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

The ideea with marked packages is great.
So, lets talk about the details, I have yahoo msg and skype (lucian.claudiu).
Please tell me if you want to use other means of communication.

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you my friend here ! Thank you again for your help guys!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also looking for a tiny screw or two - for a Tak 50/1.4 where the ring that has the aperture/dof markings rotates loose, missing the set screw.

The place I thought I'd try is a jewler's where they do watch repair.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option for small screws might be at an opticians - the screws in eyeglass frames are very small.

In some place there are even small eyeglass repair kits that contain small screws.

Jim